Bob's Take on State of Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
You better hope go kim johnsson doesn't get his hands on this thread. It's far too close to optimism to be allowed at this time. ;)

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
i can tell he wants to come out and be really optimistic but nobody wants to make the hockey news mistake again. Nothing positive enough is going to come out until the fat lady sings. I would guess that all the positive news and announcement of a deal will all come out at the same time instead of a lengthy "almost there", "almost there", "basically there", "just need a couple more", "we're basically done" type dialogue thrown out to the media. If I'm right it's definetly going to be a cool day once that day finally arrives whenever it may be. (Back in March I said it would be done on June 14...and not just because it was the best day ever 11 years ago...well, maybe.)

King_Brown

If Bob says its time to play hockey then its time. Only will I belive anything if comes from our good friend Bob.

tmangos

Jul 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Bob's the man. Bob keeps my feet planted. There are those that have their heads in the clouds, those that have their heads up their @$$ (like Healy), and then there is Bob.
Ever notice that "Bob" and "CBA" both have 3 letters? Coincidence? I think not. And "Bob" spelled backwards is .. well, "Bob". "CBA" spelled backwards is "ABC" ... Just goes to prove how simple it really can be.
Keep it up, Bob! (Ooops, sorry! I spelled his name backwards again by mistake!!)

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
nyrmessier011 said:
i can tell he wants to come out and be really optimistic but nobody wants to make the hockey news mistake again. Nothing positive enough is going to come out until the fat lady sings. I would guess that all the positive news and announcement of a deal will all come out at the same time instead of a lengthy "almost there", "almost there", "basically there", "just need a couple more", "we're basically done" type dialogue thrown out to the media. If I'm right it's definetly going to be a cool day once that day finally arrives whenever it may be. (Back in March I said it would be done on June 14...and not just because it was the best day ever 11 years ago...well, maybe.)

I feel the same way... it almost as if he has been dying to same something, but he couldn't justify it without outing a source... so he caught onto this paragraph and just ran with it.

Any way, thanks Bob for your insight and steady voice through this ordeal! I can't wait to be discussing (edit: arguing with 29 other teams) over the draft, FA, etc... I just miss hockey news!

:help: me!

Last edited:

King_Brown

Bob is amazing. Just when you thought he couldnt do it again, he takes it where it needs to be. I mean how many people covering the lockout can spell there names backwards, and it come out to the same thing. The CBA is just simple Bobanomics, if you fail, just go to Bob and all will be well.

All hail BOB :bow:

I have come to the conclusion Bob Knows, because hes been right every time, and I hope Bobanomics comes through in the clutch. Its amazing how Bob keeps the groupies away.

ResidentAlien*

heshootshescores said:
I feel the same way... it almost as if he has been dying to same something, but he couldn't justify it without outing a source... so he caught onto this paragraph and just ran with it.

Any way, thanks Bob for your insight and steady voice through this ordeal! I can't wait to be discussing (arguing with 31 other teams) over the draft, FA, etc... I just miss hockey news!

:help: me!
Did they add more teams while I was napping?? :)
Seriously though, Bob, I know your out there and I gotta ask..how you like talking to McKeechie..some of the "questions/statements/tangets" he ask/tells you are priceless...
Dont get me wrong, I think he is great, it's funny to listen to sometimes!
But let me join the others here by saying thanks for being here and keeping us informed like only you can,,you are appreciated greatly!

:cheers: to Hope

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
From the NHLPA's December 9 proposal

Qualifying Offers

110% for players earning $660,000 or less
105% for players earning between $660,000 and $1 million
100% for players earning more than $1 million

Salary Arbitration

Stays the same except the team has the ability to take the player to salary arbitration once in his career

Entry level

$850,000 maximum annual salary plus signing bonus
$212,500 maximum annual signing bonus
$850,000 limit on total "A" bonuses per year, with $212,500 limit on each "A" bonus

Unlimited "B" and "C" bonuses

Probably the most tweaking will associated with the entry level system

The NHL wants four year deals and not the current three year deals

Free Agency

The NHLPA did not offer any changes to free agency.However Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times did report last week the NHL and NHLPA had signed off on changes in the free agent system

2005-06/unresticted free agency age drops to 30
2006-07/------------------------------------29
In the last three years of the CBA,the age drops to 28

Several sources familiar with the talks said some elements have been agreed upon, such as reducing the age to qualify for unrestricted free agency to 30, then 29 and then 28 for the last three years of the deal.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp...y?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
ResidentAlien said:
Did they add more teams while I was napping?? :)
Seriously though, Bob, I know your out there and I gotta ask..how you like talking to McKeechie..some of the "questions/statements/tangets" he ask/tells you are priceless...
Dont get me wrong, I think he is great, it's funny to listen to sometimes!
But let me join the others here by saying thanks for being here and keeping us informed like only you can,,you are appreciated greatly!

:cheers: to Hope

I was thinking of football I guess.... sorry I suck... 29 teams!!!!!

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
King_Brown said:
Bob is amazing. Just when you thought he couldnt do it again, he takes it where it needs to be. I mean how many people covering the lockout can spell there names backwards, and it come out to the same thing. The CBA is just simple Bobanomics, if you fail, just go to Bob and all will be well.

All hail BOB :bow:

I have come to the conclusion Bob Knows, because hes been right every time, and I hope Bobanomics comes through in the clutch. Its amazing how Bob keeps the groupies away.

shhhhhh! you're embarassing yourself.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Macho Man said:
Article says they continued going over accounting issues. They hope to move on to a "myriad of other CBA related issues" next week. That's good. Suggests they've solved the whole accounting "issue". Guess it means they will talk about rokkie caps and QO and UFA ages and such next. It's progressing. They always said "alot of work left to be done.

*click click click click click click click click click click click *

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=2924840#post2924840

...and there you have it. The Macho Man beats Bob Mckenzie to the punch.

:propeller :eek:

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And another thing... that they've decided to start getting together Tuesday instead of the usual Wednesday or Thursday means they mean to get lots done this week. Lots of time between Tuesday and Friday to hammer things out. Very positive.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The Macho Man said:
And another thing... that they've decided to start getting together Tuesday instead of the usual Wednesday or Thursday means they mean to get lots done this week. Lots of time between Tuesday and Friday to hammer things out. Very positive.

Well they have only announced Tue-Thurday but im pretty sure that after the 3 days of small group meetings they will announce another meeting for Friday that will be a big one group meeting.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Well they have only announced Tue-Thurday but im pretty sure that after the 3 days of small group meetings they will announce another meeting for Friday that will be a big one group meeting.

The small group meetings settled the 1995 lockout.More gets done in small group meetings than 20 people meeting at the same time in the same room

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
there is far too much optimism, cheerfulness and enthusiasm on this thread...I don't know where the moderators are, but this has to stop!

and another thing....could we please turn down the "Bob love" just a notch? I'm gettin' all verklempt

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->