30 Tampa Bay - Bruce Graham

Divine Wind

bob said:
14 Edmonton - Kyle Chipchura

15 Nashville - Alexandre Picard

16 Islanders - Ladislav Smid

17 St. Louis - Alvaro Montoya

26 Edmonton (From PHI)- Carl Soderberg

I think if all of the 4 above are there when they select at 14, Chipchura wuld be last one their list, going in this order(pending if we can't resign our top goalie prospect, JDD):

1) Montoya
2) Picard
3) Smid
4)Chipchura

Interesting 2nd 1st round selection for the Oil. Although, with us selecting a center in the 1st round in the previous 2 drafts, i think it is rather unlikely, either a scoring winger, or PP QB will be selected here if we grab Montoya @ 14, IMO. ncie draft though, some picks you had are exactly the same as mine. Can't wait until Carolina~!!! :yo:

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
IMO, the jackets would trade down to get Thelen before drafting Olesz. And I imagine that the Yotes will draft Ladd, and not Tukonen

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
rnyquist said:
IMO, the jackets would trade down to get Thelen before drafting Olesz. And I imagine that the Yotes will draft Ladd, and not Tukonen

The Coyotes, in my opinion, will draft one of Ladd, Tukonen, Olesz or Radulov.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
rnyquist said:
my vote leans to Ladd. Its no secret that wayne and company love their west coast canadians

I agree, which is why Ladd is one of the candidates. He and several other Coyotes officials have gone on record stating they will get an impact player with the pick, which is why I'm sort of leaning away from guys like Ladd and Olesz and towards someone like Radulov and maybe Tukonen.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
PhoPhan said:
I agree, which is why Ladd is one of the candidates. He and several other Coyotes officials have gone on record stating they will get an impact player with the pick, which is why I'm sort of leaning away from guys like Ladd and Olesz and towards someone like Radulov and maybe Tukonen.

As much as I think Ladd is over rated, i think his size is to much to ignore, and I think he'd fit nicely on the LW giving the Yotes some desperate size and skill. I do think however that a guy like Tukonen would be a good choice as well, but i doubt Radulov simply because he's too mcuh of a head case type for wayne, its no secret he likes hard working players

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
rnyquist said:
As much as I think Ladd is over rated, i think his size is to much to ignore, and I think he'd fit nicely on the LW giving the Yotes some desperate size and skill. I do think however that a guy like Tukonen would be a good choice as well, but i doubt Radulov simply because he's too mcuh of a head case type for wayne, its no secret he likes hard working players

He likes hard workers, that's true, but he also is willing to take on a reclamation project. Guys like Dan Cleary and Ivan Novoseltsev have decent potential, but the Coyotes got them cheap because they weren't playing too hard. As for Radulov, his skills are up there with Ovechkin and Malkin, so why not take a chance?

thestonedkoala

I think the Wild should just move down if Wolski and Picard are there and get some more picks...

CoolDude*

King Henry I said:
I still don't think that the Islanders will take Smid over Green. They have been scouting Green with great interest, and I haven't heard of them looking at Smid.

But it's Mike Milbury we're talking about.. he won't make the right pick.

CoolDude*

King Henry I said:
He's been pretty decent drafting. Luongo, DiPietro, Martinek (a late round steal), Bergenhiem and Colliton in particular seem to have been pretty good. Now if he could get anything else done right...

Luongo: Great Pick.... Bad Trade.
Dipietro: Awful pick.. look who they passed up on.
Martinek: solid 8th rd pick.. nothing special.
Bergenhiem: A few better players available in the 1st round after him.
Colliton: Really too soon to tell.

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
King Henry I said:
I still don't think that the Islanders will take Smid over Green. They have been scouting Green with great interest, and I haven't heard of them looking at Smid.
Kallur (the Isles Euro head scout) has had MM's ear the past couple of drafts. If he likes Smid then that's who the Isles will draft. That said, I'd take Green.

BTW, Bob great mock! I also think having trades in a mock draft is silly.

CoolDude*

bob said:
1 Washington - Alexander Ovechkin

2 Pittsburgh - Yevgeny Malkin

3 Chicago - Cam Barker

4 Columbus - Rostislav Olesz

5 Phoenix - Lauri Tukonen

6 Rangers - Andrew Ladd

7 Florida - A.J Thelen

8 Carolina - Alexander Radulov

9 Anaheim - Robbie Shremp

10 Atlanta - Drew Stafford