Bobby the Brain Heenan originator of the "YES!YES!YES!"chant?

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
I believe it was Benjamin Franklin prowess in the sack that caused several young ladies to originate the "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chant.

I've always dislike the wrestling component to our new chant, honestly, though I like the uniqueness (in hockey) of the chant itself.

Reactions: SI90 and Bexlyspeed

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York
I believe it was Benjamin Franklin prowess in the sack that caused several young ladies to originate the "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chant.

I've always dislike the wrestling component to our new chant, honestly, though I like the uniqueness (in hockey) of the chant itself.

And what exactly is bad about having a wrestling chant as our "new chant" (even though isles fans have been doing it for a few years now)?"

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York
I came across a clip on you tube where a podcaster stated that it was not Daniel Bryan that started the chant, but the legendary Bobby Heenan in 1992 after Ric Flair won the WWF title in the royal rumble

about the 5:30 mark

you be the judge

The YES chant is not just about chanting the word YES. I'm sure there are thousands of people who have chanted "YES! YES" over the years. The part started by Daniel Bryan was the part with the arms. . . . and YES YES YES, he was the originator.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
And what exactly is bad about having a wrestling chant as our "new chant" (even though isles fans have been doing it for a few years now)?"
If you don't like wrestling and don't find it entertaining. It's fair enough to dislike it for that.

As far as the wrestling component i'm indifferent. It certainly makes watching the games on TV more entertaining when there is a chant that rings through loud and clear in celebration.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Good lord. Are we 13?

The chant is dumb enough --- we have to have a thread on the origination?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad