Bobby Ryan Vs. Benoit Pouliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
I still think Ryan gets drafted ahead of Pouliot.

Pouliot is having a better playoff than Ryan right now, as did Latendresse in the Q. Ryan seems to be on a better overall team as well. A guy's playoff performance accounts for alot come draft day.

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
rt said:
It seems like alot of credible people prefer one over the other. Which guy would you rather your favorite team draft, and why?

are there are lot of credible people that don't prefer one thing over another worth talking about?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
bobbsktball1 said:
are there are lot of credible people that don't prefer one thing over another worth talking about?

I can't decipher the meaning of this post. If you could retype it with a couple of well placed commas, I would appreciate it.

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
rt said:
I can't decipher the meaning of this post. If you could retype it with a couple of well placed commas, I would appreciate it.

are there are lot of credible people worth talking about that don't prefer one thing over another?

meaning if someone doesn't have an opinion, why would anyone listen to them. Ambivalence is unintriguing. It was rather pointless, since everyone should have understood that you meant that credible people were divided on who was better, but I was stoned so i figured i'd post it.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I like Pouliot a lot, he is loaded with potential and his offensive skill is much better than that of Ryan's. He is still a bit raw but his skating and puck skills are phenomonal. He has been the best player on the ice in this years playoffs for the Wolves against their counterparts. Ryan is also a great player and plays a bit different than Pouliot. This is how I would do the top five:

1. Crosby
2. Johnson
3. Brule
4. Pouliot
5. Ryan

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Andrew_11 said:
I like Pouliot a lot, he is loaded with potential and his offensive skill is much better than that of Ryan's. He is still a bit raw but his skating and puck skills are phenomonal. He has been the best player on the ice in this years playoffs for the Wolves against their counterparts. Ryan is also a great player and plays a bit different than Pouliot. This is how I would do the top five:

1. Crosby
2. Johnson
3. Brule
4. Pouliot
5. Ryan

We're all entitled to our opinions, but there is no way that Pouliot's offensive skill is "much better" than Ryan's. Pouliot's edge is his skating ability, and that's about it.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
We're all entitled to our opinions, but there is no way that Pouliot's offensive skill is "much better" than Ryan's. Pouliot's edge is his skating ability, and that's about it.

From what I've seen, Pouliot's puck skills in general are just better. He's also got better vision. Is it "much better", well, I dunno, but in my opinion, having seen a fair bit of both, I can say that Pouliot has more than just skating on Ryan.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
bobbsktball1 said:
are there are lot of credible people worth talking about that don't prefer one thing over another?

meaning if someone doesn't have an opinion, why would anyone listen to them. Ambivalence is unintriguing. It was rather pointless, since everyone should have understood that you meant that credible people were divided on who was better, but I was stoned so i figured i'd post it.

What a coincidence, I was on pain killers (for my hang-over) when I couldn't figure out your post. That's good stuff, right there.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Hossa said:
From what I've seen, Pouliot's puck skills in general are just better. He's also got better vision. Is it "much better", well, I dunno, but in my opinion, having seen a fair bit of both, I can say that Pouliot has more than just skating on Ryan.

Pouliot better vision than Ryan? Please, this statement just proves your ignorance to the topic at hand.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Hossa said:

They why did Ryan outscore him by roughly 20 points. And dont use the 'Ryan plays on a better team' exuse, this is junior hockey.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
GagneOwnsYou said:
Pouliot better vision than Ryan? Please, this statement just proves your ignorance to the topic at hand.

You may disagree, and I know you're a big Owen Sound fan (season ticketholder if I remember correctly), so I'm sure you know Bobby Ryan as well as anybody, but that doesn't mean I'm ignorant on the subject. I'm certainly not the only person here suggesting Pouliot's better, and ISS's top 10 released today, has him at #2 and compares him to Vincent Lecavalier, who sees the ice reasonably well himself. That's fine if you disagree, but you don't need to call somebody ignorant in doing instead of legitimately replying.

monster_bertuzzi said:
They why did Ryan outscore him by roughly 20 points. And dont use the 'Ryan plays on a better team' exuse, this is junior hockey.

In the 2002 draft, Joffrey Lupul outscored Rick Nash by about 20 goals and 30 points while they were with their respective junior clubs. We know how that's worked out so far. Not that Lupul's not a good player (and I do believe he'll score a lot of goals in Anaheim), but statistics really don't tell the whole story. As you said...this is junior hockey.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Argh just admit Pouliot is intriguing and everyone's built up such a myth around him. Granted he's a top 10 in my books maybe even top 5, but you're not giving Ryan enough credit. It's not like he's completely feeding off Richardson, they both work well together and Ryan is absolutely dominant once he's past the opponent's blueline.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Hossa said:
In the 2002 draft, Joffrey Lupul outscored Rick Nash by about 20 goals and 30 points while they were with their respective junior clubs. We know how that's worked out so far. Not that Lupul's not a good player (and I do believe he'll score a lot of goals in Anaheim), but statistics really don't tell the whole story. As you said...this is junior hockey.

Lupul is a year older than Nash. May not seem like much - but it helps in a draft year.

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
FlyersGuy69 said:
ah, it was a type O...lol, you know all about that right? :D

Maybe I do, maybe I don't you sick-fetish-prospect-developping lover. ;)

Is there really a point in debating who's better between the 2 when come draft day Blake Wheeler will be called 5th overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad