Bobby Ryan scratched from OS line-up for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
MomentsofSanity said:
apparently caught chewing tobacco on the team bus... interesting story if in fact that is the reason. wonder how the punishment would be handled given it is considered a banned substance in the OHL

:eek: :eek:

BUST!

:sarcasm:

Transported Upstater

Chewing Tobacco? Why did that make me think of the movie "Deliverance"...

Randall Graves*

MomentsofSanity said:
apparently caught chewing tobacco on the team bus... interesting story if in fact that is the reason. wonder how the punishment would be handled given it is considered a banned substance in the OHL
ban him forever

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
thought it was quite laughable myself when I first heard it but the fact it is considered a banned substance makes it potentially serious all the same...

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
this is hilarious and it makes no sence. why would the OHL consider chew a controlled substance anyways. i wouldnt doubt more than half the league chews. did someone from OS turn him in or something or does the league do random checks for stupid little things lol

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

May 15, 2003
Visit site
That is so stupid. Ever since I was playing midget over half my team chewed. Junior even more people did...Hell players play with a dip in sometimes to...Kind of stupid to not be able to play for something almost every hockey player does.

Oil_slick9416*

well in Ontario you cant buy any tabacco products unless you are 19. making it illegal to chew and smoke it in a league where the average age range is 16-18. it makes sense. but i dont know how old bobby is, can't be bothered to check, but if you look at the larger picture it makes sense.

skerbud

Feb 28, 2005
It seems fairly innocent till you look at the facts.. NO. 1 it is a banned substance..( receiving the same status as steriods.).. No.2 In ontario you need to be 19 to buy smokes or chew.. No. 3 He also is the captain of the team and he and his fellow team mate chose to do it on the team bus. I guess no one said he was smart... :dunno:

Sammy*

A Lone Wolf said:
its legal to chew, smoke etc tobacco in Ontario, its just illegal to buy it if your 19 and under.
I highly doubt its legal to possess it.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Why on earth would it be legal to chew it at 12 but you can't buy it till your 19? Thats Pejorative Slured

Sammy*

Qubax said:
Why on earth would it be legal to chew it at 12 but you can't buy it till your 19? Thats Pejorative Slured
Maybe in Ontario a 12 year old cant buy liquor but its legal to possess it & booze it up. ;)

MetalMilitia

Jan 8, 2005
Here in Ontario you can smoke cigarettes when you are under 19, you just can't buy them. Strange but true. I would expect better from Bobby Ryan, but maybe the combination of his youth and his feeling of invincibility now that he is the captain and the whole city praises him is the reason why he did it. He probably thought that he could get away with it because of that reason. I still think it is a joke eventhough it is a banned substance. I am sure he won't get suspended by the league and he will be back for the Attacks next game

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Sammy said:
I highly doubt its legal to possess it.

In the US it's legal to have it on you if you're under age. Just not buy. A cop can't just come up to you and tell you to put it out or anything say if you didn't have ID. That's the rule I've always seen people go by.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Jon Prescription said:
In the US it's legal to have it on you if you're under age. Just not buy. A cop can't just come up to you and tell you to put it out or anything say if you didn't have ID. That's the rule I've always seen people go by.

A dumb, dumb, dumb, stupid rule.

Kills me seeing 12 year olds smoke and no one being able to do anything about it.

Anyways...to the topic at hand, good. Just because he's a star doesn't mean he should get away with it. If it's against the rules it's against the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad