Player Discussion Bobby Ryan Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Players can get complacent though. No one said he didn’t work hard to get to the nhl. Maybe Bobby worked very hard, got his big contract and stopped working hard. It happens.

You would be foolish to underestimate the pride these guys have. Coming off his worst season it’s likely he had a little extra motivation in the summer, should be no surprise Boucher mentioned Bobby came into camp in great shape.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
You would be foolish to underestimate the pride these guys have. Coming off his worst season it’s likely he had a little extra motivation in the summer, should be no surprise Boucher mentioned Bobby came into camp in great shape.
He’s still skating like there’s a truck strapped on to his back and still has no balance. How’s he going to be for his remainder of his contract?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Why? See playoffs, last season. Sens don’t get past the first round without him

If he’s playing now, it’s because true professional doctors have cleared him to play. The problem is not that, it’s the fact that he keeps getting injured.

Reality is that the human body is not invincible, at some point it gets weaker based on use and injuries and everything. I don’t have Ryan’s full medical report in front of me, but safe to assume that his shot will never be as good as it was before. An offensive player is way less dangerous without a good NHL shot that can beat goalies clean

I am not sure why I have to explain all this. I feel like captain obvious

captain obvious versus the oblivious

I don't like your odds

Reactions: Xspyrit

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Anytime Bobby Ryan wants to show up and play like the best Player, Forward, Winger, American, right handed shot OR OHL graduate we’re ready for it.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That's a a pretty simple generalization. Not all players take pride in being the best player they can be. They take pride in being in the NHL.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
All smoke and mirrors huh.. none of the rumors were true huh?
Bobby Ryan’s days in Ottawa are likely numbered – and he’s handling it like a pro

“I heard on Sunday it was done and somebody backed out at the last second,“Karl and I were like, ‘pack it up’. We thought we were gone. That’s just the way it goes. Then you’re like, I’ve got to move again?”
“I understand with my contract and the obligations, that I haven’t performed up to a $7-million player,”
“Me, in particular, I reached out to my agent and said hey listen, I’m sure you’re aware of what’s going on here, and I’m hearing it, and if I’m hearing it, you are. So he told me on Friday (before the deadline) that (being traded) was a very real possibility. And that was the most communication I had. ”

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He scored 18 goals as a 27 year old on a playoff team, he’s never been elite, just hyped that way

You could argue he was elite in Anaheim, or certainly close, but he’s never been elite in Ottawa.

He was supposed to come in hot, but he cooled off quickly.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

The Ottawa Senators were not open to trading Erik Karlsson. That was hashtagfakenews spread by the evil Toronto media who did the same thing with Kyle Turris before we extended him and didn't trade him. Bob McKenzie needed to lie to get his next hit of re-tweets. It was all about the ratings.

Eugene Melnyk is beloved amongst this fan base, but they'd also have you believe that there is some sort of animosity between the greater Senators fans and Melnyk.

Ultimately, I am pretty sure that Bobby Ryan is probably lying to drive up viewership for the 2018 NHL draft. Any fan who discusses the prospect of a Karlsson trade on this message board is an idiot who is buying into the media and twitter hype.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The Ottawa Senators were not open to trading Erik Karlsson. That was hashtagfakenews spread by the evil Toronto media who did the same thing with Kyle Turris before we extended him and didn't trade him. Bob McKenzie needed to lie to get his next hit of re-tweets. It was all about the ratings.

Eugene Melnyk is beloved amongst this fan base, but they'd also have you believe that there is some sort of animosity between the greater Senators fans and Melnyk.

Ultimately, I am pretty sure that Bobby Ryan is probably lying to drive up viewership for the 2018 NHL draft. Any fan who discusses the prospect of a Karlsson trade on this message board is an idiot who is buying into the media and twitter hype.

It's like you are channeling all three of Count Dracula, JD1 and Coladin at the same time. Eerie!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's like you are channeling all three of Count Dracula, JD1 and Coladin at the same time. Eerie!
Dorion was just listening to offers very intently and negotiating in return. THAT DOESNT MEAN THE THOUGHT OF TRADING ERIK KARLSSON EVERY CROSSED HIS MIIIIINNNDDDD!!!!

EDIt: just read the article, coming from the players mouth. he and karlsson were essentially preparing to pack lmao. but yeah were such idiots for believing the evil manipulating bob McKenzie...

im expecting Count Dracula spella backwards to be like " Listen, you weren't there, I wasn't there... bobby ryan wasnt there... how do we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad