Player Discussion Bobby Ryan Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't think Vegas would take him. Too old, contract is too rich.

Pretty much this.

Vegas have already said they are going to build this team looking at the future and not the present, that they aren't going to try and build the best team for this year, but the best team for 4-5 years down the line, a timeline that does Ryan no favours.

With that in mind, I can't see them taking on Ryan unless they wanted to trade him, which... let's be honest, isn't the best investment for them.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Pretty much this.

Vegas have already said they are going to build this team looking at the future and not the present, that they aren't going to try and build the best team for this year, but the best team for 4-5 years down the line, a timeline that does Ryan no favours.

With that in mind, I can't see them taking on Ryan unless they wanted to trade him, which... let's be honest, isn't the best investment for them.

Who do you think will be the youngest, player with potential on unprotected by the Sens?

That's who they should take.

Second, what player can they take with the most trade value?

Oct 10, 2010
I would give up 1st pick and a young player to get rid of Ryan if needed.

2 Ugggggly contracts on this team that could **** us over when we need to look at re-signing much more valuable players.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Best option would be to get rid of both, tbh.

I'd take Methot over Dion easily. ( especially when you consider the contracts - Not to go off topic here)

Agreed. Dion can go with is albatross contract. They're both one dimensional defencman and I'd rather keep the cheaper one who can skate.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Agreed. Dion can go with is albatross contract. They're both one dimensional defencman and I'd rather keep the cheaper one who can skate.

What is your definition of one dimensional? Because from Phaneuf skilled, type of play and deployment, he is not at all one dimensional.

Methot is one dimensional, no doubt. There is almost no offence coming from him while playing with EK.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What is your definition of one dimensional? Because from Phaneuf skilled, type of play and deployment, he is not at all one dimensional.

Methot is one dimensional, no doubt. There is almost no offence coming from him while playing with EK.
I would say it's easier to get Phaneuf to play a shutdown role than to have Methot be more offensive.

the Ryan, Methot, and Phaneuf contracts are all bad for us going forward but Phaneuf is the one who can score enough, defend enough, and stabilize what we have been missing for a very long time. Methot and Ryan are easier to replaced just harder to move.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm scared that LV actually takes Ryan. I would miss him but there would be 2 great silver linings :

- Means that Methot or Claesson aren't taken
- It would free up 7.25 each season for the next 5 years and save Melnyk a lot of money. Would he reinvest the money on the roster though? Can't be too sure.

I would give up 1st pick and a young player to get rid of Ryan if needed.

2 Ugggggly contracts on this team that could **** us over when we need to look at re-signing much more valuable players.

Let's take a moment and appreciate that it isn't a HF poster that is running the Ottawa Senators.

People complain a lot about contracts but it's funny because we never really needed the money, yet. When the time comes and a trade has to be made because we are too tight to the cap, then we could talk about it. Until then, what a waste of "internet ink"(not targeting your post but in general)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm scared that LV actually takes Ryan. I would miss him but there would be 2 great silver linings :

- Means that Methot or Claesson aren't taken
- It would free up 7.25 each season for the next 5 years and save Melnyk a lot of money. Would he reinvest the money on the roster though? Can't be too sure.

Let's take a moment and appreciate that it isn't a HF poster that is running the Ottawa Senators.

People complain a lot about contracts but it's funny because we never really needed the money, yet. When the time comes and a trade has to be made because we are too tight to the cap, then we could talk about it. Until then, what a waste of "internet ink"(not targeting your post but in general)

IMO LV will take the Ottawa player they believe they can get the most assets for, in other words, if LV drafts Ryan or Methot & Ottawa is not prepared to give them anything to get either back they could re-trade either to another team who might want their services, although I doubt Ryan has any value out there at this time. If LV takes Methot, than PD should have them draft James Neal LW & trade him to Ottawa for a 1st rd pick.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
IMO LV will take the Ottawa player they believe they can get the most assets for, in other words, if LV drafts Ryan or Methot & Ottawa is not prepared to give them anything to get either back they could re-trade either to another team who might want their services, although I doubt Ryan has any value out there at this time. If LV takes Methot, than PD should have them draft James Neal LW & trade him to Ottawa for a 1st rd pick.

this isn't NHL 17......that's a nice idea so long as you aren't here next week complaining that it didn't happen and was doable.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
this isn't NHL 17......that's a nice idea so long as you aren't here next week complaining that it didn't happen and was doable.

I don't play video games. I just thought that rather than give a 1st to get LV to not take Methot, this could be an opportunity to maybe pick up a player who could help offensively. It might cost more than a 1st but we keep hearing how a 1st is what it might take to keep your players. Do you think LV will ask Nashville for a 1st or more or the reverse & Nashville will offer a 1st or more to keep Neal? He's on the list so what is he worth to Nashville to keep & what is he worth to LV to either not take him or to send him to someone else who might offer more than Nashville? I have no idea if it is doable but I bet there will be all kinds of dealing going on to keep players & to draft & trade players.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't play video games. I just thought that rather than give a 1st to get LV to not take Methot, this could be an opportunity to maybe pick up a player who could help offensively. It might cost more than a 1st but we keep hearing how a 1st is what it might take to keep your players. Do you think LV will ask Nashville for a 1st or more or the reverse & Nashville will offer a 1st or more to keep Neal? He's on the list so what is he worth to Nashville to keep & what is he worth to LV to either not take him or to send him to someone else who might offer more than Nashville? I have no idea if it is doable but I bet there will be all kinds of dealing going on to keep players & to draft & trade players.

if it's me I let LV take Methot. We get 5M in cap space and 19 minutes of ice which creates more available time for Claesson which people seem to want and it creates room for Chabot.

If they take someone else then our top 4 is intact.

I've no issue either way.

I'd rather not give away an asset.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
if it's me I let LV take Methot. We get 5M in cap space and 19 minutes of ice which creates more available time for Claesson which people seem to want and it creates room for Chabot.

Agreed.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

I hope they take in order:

Ryan
Methot
Burrows
Hammond
Mac

We need cap space more than anything.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Good thoughts. Perhaps Ottawa can pick up a player who can help us win now by offering a first round draft pick, or even two first round picks, to LV to get a useful top 6 player available from another team.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama

This was a fantastic watch. Really rooting for Ryan this season, and hope that he can keep up the decent start.

Thank you for posting that.

They tackled some tough subjects in that interview, not just a fluff piece. Really impressed.

Only wish they had given him a towel. Post-game shower sweat is real.

Hoping for the best for Bobby this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->