Movies: Boba Fett movie

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Given that their second stand alone film comes out this weekend, and is tracking to be profitable, but greatly below the box office standards of the previous films, having this many projects in the works concurrently seems risky to me.

Disney being as risk adverse as they are, I wonder what the response is if a few of these strike out.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Are you kidding me?It's time to put a fork in it, too many spinoffs.

Its been common knowledge for years now they wanted to do a 3 part trilogy and 3 stand alone films during this time

So this isn't surprising though I am not sure how much of a story they could put together for honestly one of the most overrated SW characters

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Supposedly close to a Obi Wan movie also but none of this surprises me, I guess there is enough demand and they feel they can make money. The Obi Wan would take place between the first and second trilogies and be him guarding over Luke from a distance.

Reactions: irunthepeg

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I don't really care, as long as it is good.

They need to get someone who they are confident can provide a solid experience and let them run with it.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Another unnecessary spin-off. The thing that made characters like Boba Fett and Han Solo cool were that we didn't know the backstory. We were allowed to make it up in our heads. They f***ing ruin everything.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
He was my favorite character growing up (and a Halloween costume one year!), but Fett is at his best in menacing silence.

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
Another unnecessary spin-off. The thing that made characters like Boba Fett and Han Solo cool were that we didn't know the backstory. We were allowed to make it up in our heads. They ****ing ruin everything.
Nuts to that. I DEVOURED every single EU novel that came out and any book that dealt with anything Han Solo or bounty hunter related was finished the day I got it. The Solo movie, at least based on the trailers, seems to be only a tiny slice of his life before Star Wars. If people can't shift their imaginings to the 99% of his life that isn't in a movie, that says more about their lack of imagination than anything else.

The lack of a back story made Han Solo cool? No one in Star Wars had a back story. Han was cool because he was the kind of guy every nerd in the 80's wanted to be: handsome, clever, daring, and had a pretty girl like Leia interested in him. He was cool for the same reason the older kid a couple of grades ahead of you in school that skipped class to smoke behind the gym in his leather jacket was cool. He was cool for the same reason as anyone who is cool is: because he knew he was cool and didn't care.

Personally, I can't wait for the Solo movie. If there is a Boba Fett movie, a Lando movie, an Obi Wan movie, or anything else, I can't wait for those ones either.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Boba Fett should have been the first character they focused on for the standalone movies, so I’m glad they’re revisiting the idea (and with a better writer/director). The expanded universe is basically a tested road map of which characters from the original films people crave more stories about. I doubt there’s a character with a bigger ratio of post-trilogy merchandise to screen-time, so the demand for this has been there for decades.

In terms of the timeline, I’d like to see it set between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Their plan is like if they made the Avengers (OT) first, and now they're making all the stand alone films that were supposed to build up to all of them getting together.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Another unnecessary spin-off. The thing that made characters like Boba Fett and Han Solo cool were that we didn't know the backstory. We were allowed to make it up in our heads. They ****ing ruin everything.
Semi-spoiler for the Solo movie.

There is plenty to still make up even after the Solo movie.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I never wanted a Han Solo origin story, and I don't really need to see a Boba Fett one either.

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
Boba Fett is nothing more than a character with a cool costume. Why the hell would I care about his backstory?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

You can maintain that level of mystique by not watching the film

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->