Kings News: Bob Miller Plans to Return for His 43rd Season

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I imagine after all those years of broadcasting crap hockey, he's going to postpone his retirement as long as they are winning.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm not ready to say goodbye yet. I know what's going on in the game, so his mistakes don't bother me at all. He's a legend.

bbfrc

Feb 25, 2010
Come on! It's like listening to my grandmother call a hockey game. She would always mix up all my brothers and my name. All the time.
I know all of us watch these games and when he says "McBain passing out of the zone..." we all cringe and say "it's McNabb, Bob. Ugggghhh.". I mean come on......There is a HUGE difference between what McBain and McNabb look like.....stature wise at minimum.
Bob needs to retire. Fox can't keep correcting him. And we can't at home either.
I personally am getting annoyed with how many times he screws up a shot being saved or a shot going wide. It's always the opposite of what he thinks he saw....when it's clear as day what happened. There is a reason Gordie Howe doesn't play in the NHL. He is too old. Bob should take note. I love Bob and blah blah blah.....but come on.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
Come on! It's like listening to my grandmother call a hockey game. She would always mix up all my brothers and my name. All the time.
I know all of us watch these games and when he says "McBain passing out of the zone..." we all cringe and say "it's McNabb, Bob. Ugggghhh.". I mean come on......There is a HUGE difference between what McBain and McNabb look like.....stature wise at minimum.
Bob needs to retire. Fox can't keep correcting him. And we can't at home either.
I personally am getting annoyed with how many times he screws up a shot being saved or a shot going wide. It's always the opposite of what he thinks he saw....when it's clear as day what happened. There is a reason Gordie Howe doesn't play in the NHL. He is too old. Bob should take note. I love Bob and blah blah blah.....but come on.

I can't believe I just read this. Bob Miller knows more about hockey than any damned fan with their silly criticism. He has a right to broadcast these games as he's more loyal than a lot of players or fans to the Kings Org. So what if he misses a call or name occasionally? A lot of fans miss on their opinion of things; so be it.
I don't care if Bob broadcasts games until they have to wheel him to the games. He's earned his spot.

Winger23

May 3, 2007

Shame on you. You're entitled to your opinion, but come on. The guy's been calling kings games forever. Now that the team are serious contenders, let the guy call them until their window closes. He more than deserves it.

Doing play by play for a hockey game is probably the hardest for announcers in all sports. So what if he calls mcbain, mcnabb. He is still one of the best in the business on his fluent call of the action.

Sniffman

Feb 25, 2015
Finland
Im not bothered about Bob messing up names, since i can recognize the players on my own, but its still great to hear his voice. Glad to hear hes sticking around.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
I don't care how much Bob screws up. Without him doing the PBP, there will be a huge vacuum where things won't feel right. A big hole. I know Nick will be an awesome replacement, but still will feel awkward without Bob.

...I miss David Courtney. :cry:

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
Even the great Vin makes mistakes he never used to make.

But when it comes to making the biggest calls during any game he's money, just like Bob Miller. We need to cherish these legends while we still can.

Bob should have a lifetime hall pass from any Kings' fan.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Bob should do NBC games. Bob Cole is still on CBC doing national broadcasts, Miller should be doing the same. A legend of the game.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Having Bob around still doing broadcasts adds to the mystique and history of the organization. He's here because the fans want him here, and that's what matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad