Bob McKenzie's Top 30 for 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
For the record, I think its a fair statement to suggest Colby Armstrong drops out of the first. Even though it would be good to have seen him produce a lot better in the AHL as he has, I've got no qualms with the selection. The Penguins wanted a player of his ilk, and they got their man.

He's playing much better early this season, he had a four point night the other night, and I read that he actually managed to put on some weight this off season for a change.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
stardog said:
1) I have seen him play probably 25-30 times as I get NHL direct ticket and follow the Yotes. I am a big fan of Shane Doan and I also liked watching Hrdina play while he was there. Lets not be presumptuous here and assume I am pulling this opinion out of my butt. I follow hockey and the game. I appreciate the skill of the sport and am able to form an objective opinion regardless of the team I root for.

It was a question. You're the one reading a presumption into it and getting defensive already.

Watching the Coyotes 25 times on telly isnt high quality viewing. Especially when most of his premium time came when Doan and Hrdina were out of the team.

2) Perhaps you should read MY post when you suggest that I am stating "all 8000 people at HF" are on my side of this debate when I specifically stated that it was "everyone who weighed in on the subject".

Yes all of three posters. You didnt exaggerate just a tiny bit there.

Not that popular opinion matters to me because even if they did not agree I would still feel that your top 10 ranking is far more of a stretch than him being out of the top 30.

Still not paying attention. I didnt rank him in the top 10. I simply said there are around 8 guys I'd take for sure ahead of him and then there is a bunch of around 10 guys who are near-impossible to separate. Sjostrom merits his place in that group and is considerably closer to the top 10 than being out of the top 30. There is no justification to put him out of the first round.. nobody has come up with any good reason or observation despite "everyone" backing you.

Thats my edjucated opinion and you will not sway me in any way.

Impressive display of a closed mind. You tell me to listen to your opinions but you refuse to listen to mine? Rethink that one.

I happen to think that you may be letting your fandom effect your opinion as is quite common for most fans.

Is he a good player? Certainly. Would he still be a first rounder? Probably in most draft lists. Would he be in the top 10? Not by a long shot IMO.

I'm a long time poster on HF and I'm approaching 30. I've seen fans come and go and how it affects their opinions. I've learnt how to become more objective. Its not a talent only you have mastered.

We'll just have to wait and see how Sjostrom goes. But here's one final thing for you to consider - he already has more goals than most from his draft (in which he was one of the youngest and least developed). Only 13 have more goals and 3 of those were overage Euros. And offense is only part of his package, he has shown strong skating and defensive skills too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad