TSN: Bob McKenzie: Senators involved in trade dialogue for Karlsson with half-dozen teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
At this point, this thread should be locked imo.

Maybe Trade Rumours was a bad suggestion, but an all purpose Karlsson trade/extension/whatever thread since that's what it has turned into and nobody is really referencing the initial news report in the thread title.

I am not sure I buy that the trade aspect is over by a long shot. I think everybody is doing their best to say the right thing so that these next few months before July 1st can be as tolerable as possible before both sides can resolve this with either a trade or an extension.

I don't imagine there'll be much progress in the situation until then, and most people won't have much to add to the discussion other than regurgitating the same stuff that was all said in 132 pages (66 if you're smart enough to have 50 posts per page, but my suggestion still stands for a name change in the thread. Keeps all the Karlsson talk in one thread anyways.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Hi Guyz, was away for a week in a different country. What did I miss?

giphy.gif

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
The final thing I want to say after all the positive reaction of today, what does it tell people that Pierre Dorion said something like "We'll make Karlsson an offer IF he is still a Senator on July 1st" rather than "We are not going to explore trade talks until we talk to Karlsson about a new deal on July 1st".

This is the calm...after the storm....before the bigger storm.

Reactions: Mrs_NyQuil

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I think the Senators should keep Karlsson for the long-term. You have a star player wanting to stay in Ottawa, who married an Ottawa woman, bought a home there, and expressed a desire to stay there. I am pretty sure he will not go overboard with his contract demands. If he has a reasonable contract demand, i would do my best to keep him,

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Anyone think the continued gun violence we see down in the states will play into any NHL'ers future working/living decisions? I would tend to think it may for those with young families for instance, how much is the safety or at least perceived safety worth up here in Canada? It's a small positive playing in a Canadian market provides I guess. As someone with a young child I would certainly have to think long and hard before moving my family down there, especially certain states.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
The final thing I want to say after all the positive reaction of today, what does it tell people that Pierre Dorion said something like "We'll make Karlsson an offer IF he is still a Senator on July 1st" rather than "We are not going to explore trade talks until we talk to Karlsson about a new deal on July 1st".

This is the calm...after the storm....before the bigger storm.

To me not much..

The guy just went on a weeks full of rumour and calls about him listening, shopping, actively shopping, on the verge of trading him.

He then come to the podium and told us that he did listen and always listen but he isn't shopping EK. He said numerous time that his #1 priority was to sign EK, in the last few months

If 2 second later, he says that he won't listen anymore he would have contradicted himself.. because he say that he always listen.

To me it simply means he know that teams are going to call him again and if there is a "generational" proposition, they might consider it.

By then, the season would already be over for like a good 2 month and a half. They might have already sit with EK to know what he really want.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Anyone think the continued gun violence we see down in the states will play into any NHL'ers future working/living decisions? I would tend to think it may for those with young families for instance, how much is the safety or at least perceived safety worth up here in Canada? It's a small positive playing in a Canadian market provides I guess. As someone with a young child I would certainly have to think long and hard before moving my family down there, especially certain states.
I don't believe it's your intention, but this is pretty poor form...

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
I don't see where the issue is here, are we really this sensitive to everything now? Gun control is an issue in the US. Gun violence is an issue in the US. Canada has far less instances of gun violence. ALL FACTS. Give it a rest with the sensitivity.

Reactions: branch

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Poor form how so? Not my intent to offend but something I have discussed at length with many of my friends who work abroad and felt it is likely relevant here. If it's not acceptable here that's fine and I can delete but this is a real conversation many people are having even though it's not an enjoyable one to have.

Reactions: Smash88

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Poor form how so? Not my intent to offend but something I have discussed at length with many of my friends who work abroad and felt it is likely relevant here. If it's not acceptable here that's fine and I can delete but this is a real conversation many people are having even though it's not an enjoyable one to have.
Please don't delete your opinion on a message board, you wrote nothing wrong.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Actually, there was a quote that came out this week from... a Winnipeg player, maybe?... where he basically said something along the lines of (and I'm clearly paraphrasing here): "Canadian schools are so much better and safer than American schools that a lot of players with families are starting to consider Canadian cities (like Winnipeg) for reasons that weren't as important before".

I'll try to find a link to it, and try to figure out who said it.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Please don't delete your opinion on a message board, you wrote nothing wrong.

It's more that I enjoy some of the content around here and have seen folks get infracted for seemingly less is all, appreciate the support!

Actually, there was a quote that came out this week from... a Winnipeg player, maybe?... where he basically said something along the lines of (and I'm clearly paraphrasing here): "Canadian schools are so much better and safer than American schools that a lot of players with families are starting to consider Canadian cities (like Winnipeg) for reasons that weren't as important before".

I'll try to find a link to it, and try to figure out who said it.

Im somewhat surprised it hasn't been discussed more to be honest...Canadian teams tend to get slagged for a lot things they cannot control like weather, taxes etc... yet this topic hasn't been discussed much related to American teams. As I said before I am a new father and protecting my child is new for me and something I think about often, I imagine EK will be having those same thoughts soon enough and add in the team most rumoured to be his destination is also located within the state with the most recent larger incident.

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The one thing I do agree with Dorions presser is that Ottawa should be listening on offers for all players. Him repeatedly saying we are a 29th place teams shows how upset he at the whole organization for their failures this year.If anything this should be a huge wakeup call for the players and coaching staff that no one is safe when you are having a poor season and that losing while playing poor is unacceptable.

Maybe this lights a fire under the team going forward with or without karlsson

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Before they lock this thread just want to give a big FU to Bob Mackenzie, Travis Yost, Darren Dreger, Nick Kypreos, James Duthie for his stupid twitter comment, Terry Marcotte (who planted the Bobby Ryan angle and then all the Insiders acted like they knew all along about that Pejorative Slured angle), Elliot Friedman. You can all go f*** yourselves, you bunch of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. They yanked our chains when in reality the enormity of the situation was put through us for a ratings bonanza.

The only good to come of it was brain5or6 getting some love nationwide. Hell, worldwide. My gut feeling was when Karlsson was jokingly going into Tampa's room means he and Dorion knew nothing was going to happen. Him following brian5or 6 cinched it, really.

Most stressful TDL ever.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Poor form? Hardly. Didn't anyone see Roberto Luongo talking about the school shooting last week?

I have three kids. No way would I consider living in a state like Florida. No chance. I mean bad things can happen anywhere, but gun violence is absolutely out of control in the U.S. Not my opinion either. It's statistics. That shooting in Florida was the 17th school shooting in the U.S. within the first 45 days of 2018. That is straight up insanity.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Before they lock this thread just want to give a big FU to Bob Mackenzie, Travis Yost, Darren Dreger, Nick Kypreos, James Duthie for his stupid twitter comment, Terry Marcotte (who planted the Bobby Ryan angle and then all the Insiders acted like they knew all along about that ******ed angle), Elliot Friedman. You can all go **** yourselves, you bunch of *****. They yanked our chains when in reality the enormity of the situation was put through us for a ratings bonanza.

The only good to come of it was brain5or6 getting some love nationwide. Hell, worldwide. My gut feeling was when Karlsson was jokingly going into Tampa's room means he and Dorion knew nothing was going to happen. Him following brian5or 6 cinched it, really.

Most stressful TDL ever.

lol that tin foil hat must be removed. Don't shoot the messengers, they aren't the ones considering to trade Karlsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad