Rumor: Bob McKenzie: Hockey Canada to name Ryan Jankowski chief scout

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Jar Jar Binks?

In all seriousness, good luck to him. From some rumors thrown out there, he was snake, not clean.

No proof, so hearsay.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
No proof, so hearsay.

Did you get those rumors off HFBoards or from Mel Gibson's cab driver in "Conspiracy Theory"?

Jankowski has a pretty good reputation in scouting circles, and I think Hockey Canada's trust in him speaks volumes.

In any case- I have no real connection to the Isles- just thought the story would be of interest. Carry on.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I'd call it a downgrade. Jankowski went from Head European Scout to Chief Amateur Scout with the Isles. He was dismissed from his position and went to Head of Western Scouting, or some title like that with the Habs. He's now Chief of Amateur Scouting for Team Canada. Now he's watching 12-17 year olds play hockey. Hockey Canada pays him.

Veteran journeyman

May 12, 2007
Did you get those rumors off HFBoards or from Mel Gibson's cab driver in "Conspiracy Theory"?

Jankowski has a pretty good reputation in scouting circles, and I think Hockey Canada's trust in him speaks volumes.

In any case- I have no real connection to the Isles- just thought the story would be of interest. Carry on.

Rumors were probably part of the standard smear job for anyone that leaves this organization. They're all saints and geniuses while they're here and devils and doofuses when they leave. The truth on all these people probably lies somewhere in between.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
Overrated by the Snow haters. Got into the business on daddy's name.

Out of the show...ya, it's the Dave King treatment.

Next, little Ryan will be the head scout for team Italy.

:laugh:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
The Isles handled their 08 and 09 drafts pretty meticulously, so for anyone who then watched the 2nd day of the Islanders' 2010 draft and saw how listlessly they picked, ultimately wondering what in all of God's great green nature was going on with the taking of Cody Rosen - an absolute non-prospect - in the 7th, that person was surely scratching his or her head.

Most of us here were.

To then see Jankowski get fired without rhyme or reason within like two days of the draft and to NEVER get any explanation as to why, well, it's pretty doggone clear that there was some serious behind-the-scenes hanky panky going on there, especially in light of who Rosen's father is and what kind of financial clout he has.

That it comes to him now getting a gig with TSN, well, whatever...

Reactions: Killerjas

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
The Isles handled their 08 and 09 drafts pretty meticulously, so for anyone who then watched the 2nd day of the Islanders' 2010 draft and saw how listlessly they picked, ultimately wondering what in all of God's great green nature was going on with the taking of Cody Rosen - an absolute non-prospect - in the 7th, that person was surely scratching his or her head.

Most of us here were.

To then see Jankowski get fired without rhyme or reason within like two days of the draft and to NEVER get any explanation as to why, well, it's pretty doggone clear that there was some serious behind-the-scenes hanky panky going on there, especially in light of who Rosen's father is and what kind of financial clout he has.

my theory is that he drafted Rosen with the hopes his father would show serious interest in buying the Islanders and giving him a top GM job or front office position with the Islanders.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

Most of us here were.

I always thought after the 3rd round pick of Kabanov there was really crap out there. Go look through the draft on wikipedia. Unless I'm missing something there really was nothing out there worth picking. Think the highlight was Tyler Bunz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad