Bob McKenzie: Deal Next Week, Maybe Week of July 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Spungo said:
Look at the calendar, doofus. July 1 arrives in less than 2.5 hours. I'll be back at midnight to laugh a hearty laugh in your face. Looks like Spungo was right and Bulin Wall was wrong. Get used to that feeling, Frodo.

Still gonna stand by your "August or more likely January" statements? Or are you gonna ***** out and change your mind.?

A Good Flying Bird*

gscarpenter2002 said:
... and fools seldom differ ...

Oh dude, now you know what it's like to have been on the pro-player side of the debate on this message board.

Spungo*

Chaos said:
Still gonna stand by your "August or more likely January" statements? Or are you gonna ***** out and change your mind.?

A little embarrassed that you are only 2 hours away from being proven wrong? HA! :biglaugh:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Spungo said:
It's the same old "just 2 more weeks" nonsense we have been hearing for the last month.

Looks to me like it saids most likely next week. Dunno..I guess one of us has trouble reading.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Spungo said:
A little embarrassed that you are only 2 hours away from being proven wrong? HA! :biglaugh:

Proven wrong from what? Im not the one who stated "August or more likely January". Answer the question like a man....do you still stand by that statement?

Dogbert*

It's the same old thing, except this time it's someone reliable saying it.

I'm more inclined to believe McKenzie than anyone else on these things, and if he says it's imminent, then I'll go with it.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Spungo said:
you havent been proven right, and when the deal gets done before august, since thats when you said itd be done, "at the earliest", everyone will be ready to laugh at you.

can't wait

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Spungo said:
Look at the calendar, doofus. July 1 arrives in less than 2.5 hours. I'll be back at midnight to laugh a hearty laugh in your face. Looks like Spungo was right and Bulin Wall was wrong. Get used to that feeling, Frodo.

Sorry, Spunko, but the kids here at HF play nice. Name calling is for kids with snotty noses whose moms don't love em..

Bob MacKenzie's huge cranium is full of insight. If Bob's selling, I'm buying..

PredsFan77*

Grandpabuzz said:
Yay! Time to go put on my cowboy boots and start masturbating to Goodenow's wife.

I kid, I kid. I respect Bob and next week should be the best week in over a year for hockey fans.

:amazed:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
NYIsles1 said:
All due respect to Mr Kenzie who does a great job trying to keep folks informed here but it seems like today's update was overzealous on his part claiming something is about to be done within a certain time frame with absoultely nothing new from inside these meetings to back it up.

I know media people need to write and many want to go out of their way to try and keep us informed (with good intentions) but this reads like jumping the gun and completely contrary to what Stan Fischler wrote. (even though I do not think much of Mr Fischler's work)

Personally I would rather Bob McKenzie to be the last to break the news of a lockout ending because we do not need someone of his credentials to be first, all I require is that he get's it right.

Because he doesnt give away all the inside info and sources he has means thats hes just going by the meetings happening and nothing else????? Hmm..ok?

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
Scugs said:
I'm going to take this opportunity now, since I've missed alot of others before.

You're an idiot.

While what you say is true. You're making the point of favouritism. Canada isnt the only country with immigrants. The US has alot of them too, you know? Go ask the minorities in New York what their fav sport is.

Or go ask people in Nashville what theirs is. Southern US isnt exactly "Hockey Crazed"..

Football, and Basketball is definately a bigger presence with the black community. So you can strike that out there. Spanish community prefer Baseball more than any other sport. Soccer is also huge in both countries.

Im not saying Canada doesnt have any blacks or Spanish people, but there are definately alot more down in the US.

There are many more examples but it would be a waste of time.

If only 10% of the US has any interest in hockey, that is still more than the number of Canadiens that have an interest in hockey...

:teach:

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
nomorekids said:
Man, the one guy who we've all appointed "voice of reason" throughout this whole mess has finally given the green light to be optimistic\relieved...and we're bickering about which country has better fans?

Give me a break. This is big news. Act like it.

I agree. :handclap:

Spungo*

FLYLine4LIFE said:
Looks to me like it saids most likely next week. Dunno..I guess one of us has trouble reading.

Read it again, Mr. Reading Comprehension.

The sense is it should be finished sometime next week, with an outside chance it could carry over into the week of July 11th

There ya go.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
gscarpenter2002 said:
AS for me being an idiot, you are resorting to the last resort of a poster who knows he has nothing to stand on. I am sorry i had to disappoint you by actually being a Canadian who has been a hockey fan for 35 years instead of an American for whom you could roll out the usual cliches. Glad you got that out of your system and found the chance to call em an idiot, though. If you had missed another chance, perhaps your head might have exploded.

Hmm, I find it odd you say I had nothing to stand on since I made my point and stand by it. That's fine..

Spungo*

Chaos said:
Proven wrong from what? Im not the one who stated "August or more likely January". Answer the question like a man....do you still stand by that statement?

You and all your "I believe anything the media tells me" bunch are 40 minutes away from being proven wrong... again. I guess you will just ignore the fact that July 1 will come and go without a deal announced. Then you will ignore when July 4 comes and goes without a deal. Then you will ignore when July 15 comes and goes without a deal. Then when August hits, it's Spungo time! Ha! This is too funny. :biglaugh:

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
djhn579 said:
If only 10% of the US has any interest in hockey, that is still more than the number of Canadiens that have an interest in hockey...

:teach:

Too bad that's probably overshooting the %'s :biglaugh:

I'm officially done with that topic. Let's just be fricken happy that this MONSTER (Pierre McGuire lovers rejoice) of a lockout is in its final days.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Spungo said:
You and all your "I believe anything the media tells me" bunch are 40 minutes away from being proven wrong... again. I guess you will just ignore the fact that July 1 will come and go without a deal announced. Then you will ignore when July 4 comes and goes without a deal. Then you will ignore when July 15 comes and goes without a deal. Then when August hits, it's Spungo time! Ha! This is too funny. :biglaugh:

What are you going to do when a deal is actually reached before that. I'm very curious.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Spungo said:
Read it again, Mr. Reading Comprehension.

The sense is it should be finished sometime next week, with an outside chance it could carry over into the week of July 11th

There ya go.

...thanks for proving me right. :handclap:

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Spungo said:

I dont believe everything the media tells me...but go ahead and keep telling yourself that. For the 3rd time(try not to avoid it like a little kid this time): do you stand by your "August at the earliest or more likely January" statement still? Answer the question.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Jobu said:
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

Canadians can celebrate Canada Day on Friday and Americans, the small minority that actually like hockey that is, can have their Fourth of July celebration on Monday, reasonably secure in the knowledge that the long-awaited agreement is within sight.

The sense is it should be finished sometime next week, with an outside chance it could carry over into the week of July 11th, but in any case, we're talking a small number of days.
so...........

TWO MORE WEEKS ;)

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
RDriesen16 said:
so...........

TWO MORE WEEKS ;)

Yeah, we've heard this song and dance much too often as of late. Reading that article again, it seems as if maybe this could take another 3 weeks. This is what makes me think it might not be as soon as first said in the beginning of the article. It's almost has if Bob changed his mind while writing the darn thing...

The sense is it should be finished sometime next week, with an outside chance it could carry over into the week of July 11th, but in any case, we're talking a small number of days.

Either way, the countdown is now on, it's almost over.

But what are we counting down to?

If the agreement is reached, say, Wednesday of next week, what's going to happen? Will there be a big news conference to mark the occasion?

Probably not. Until this deal gets ratified by both sides, probably within a week or so of the agreement, there is not going to be a big dog and pony show, with Gary Bettman and Bob Goodenow putting on the goofy "Game On" hats like in 1995. Truth be told, it would be a huge surprise if you even see Bettman and Goodenow together on a dais.

So...he thinks an agreement will be made by next Wednesday possibly. Then he says it would take a week or so (maybe more than a week?) to ratify. So that folks, means two more weeks...or more. :cry: That's if Bob is right of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->