Bob McKenzie article on Evan McGrath...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
From all reports, McGrath has been a completely different player this year compared to last. I don't think anybody quite knows what clicked for the guy, but he's playing like the Evan McGrath back in 2002-03. I think the reason the Wings keep picking up these guys is also because they feel that they can make up for a lack of young talent by signing or trading for aging players. That is why they take the high-risk, high-reward type of players, because I don't see them being particularily interested in solid prospects like most teams take. Whether that makes them cunning, or simply priviledged, I'm not sure. One way or another McGrath is making them look good, and on a team with guys like Mike Richards as well, he's the best player right now.

McGrath isn't the only prospect who fell to the fourth round last year after being touted as a potential top 10 pick, who is off a superb start. Wes O'Neill was the defence equivalent to McGrath at the draft last year, and is having a fine start which could earn him a camp invite for Canada's WJC team.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Great little article on a great story.

Mcgrath has been simply awesome this year, and if he can continue, the Wings got themselves a top 10 talent in the 4th round.

He's got first line potential in the NHL.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Brock said:
Great little article on a great story.

Mcgrath has been simply awesome this year, and if he can continue, the Wings got themselves a top 10 talent in the 4th round.

He's got first line potential in the NHL.

Reminds me of Alyn McCauley, in that McCauley was a point-per-game guy in the OHL at age 16 and was talked about as a top-5 pick, then was terrible in his draft year to fall to the 4th round, and bounced back in a huge way in his last two years of junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad