Bob McKenzie appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I understand why the fans in Vancouver adopted the Americans as the villians in this tournament, but there came a point on Tueday night when the intensity of the booing aginst the Americans really started to get to me. When I see a classy kid like U.S. captain Kevin Porter get cleaned out by a Russian check that was a bit of a head-shot, and see the crowd goes crazy... I don't know. I guess I was raised in the 1970's and 80's when the Russians were the enemy. I understand that the Americans are the new rival, but something about it just bothered me on Tuesday night

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp?id=149310

:clap:

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
He may look like Jabba the Hutt, but he's always on the mark when he writes his mini-essay's

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Yes, thanks Bob, as I have said several times in these discussions, the Vancouver crowd went way beyond simply rooting against a rival team. Their venomous hatred of the USA players was on the verge of poor sportsmanship.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
bling said:
Yes, thanks Bob, as I have said several times in these discussions, the Vancouver crowd went way beyond simply rooting against a rival team. Their venomous hatred of the USA players was on the verge of poor sportsmanship.

boo hoo

I take it you've never been to a Leafs/Sens game?

Rebecca

Nov 1, 2005
Ptbo
Aside from not being in the same generation as Bob, I really felt the same way it was awfully nice to hear him say that.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
bling said:

LOL

Go watch Finland play in Sweden against another country.

The fans paid their money to go to the game they can cheer for whomever they wish. Its not poor sportsmanship.

Perhaps US policy, screwing over the BC softwood lumber industry didnt have anything to do with it?

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
Bob knows what he's talking about and is close to bang on here. It went far beyond just cheering and jeering.. it's as if the fans were craving the bloodshed of some of those boys.

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1..CLOSED

(With all due respect to Bob, the closure of this thrad has nothing to do with him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->