The leafs should _____ offseason thread

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If they fail to even get a win in the 3rd round again would they want to extend him though?
Yes

Coaches usually have a shelf life when they’ve stalled.

Sure there’s no real superstars, although I’d argue Aho is, but it’s very deep.

Cassidy was let go despite arguably a better result and similar roster makeup

Bot saying it will happen, but it wouldn’t be the first time a team decides to go in another direction when they’re not improving
I thought Cassidy was let go because the players hated him?

Reactions: DaveG

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
With 23 years now in Carolina as a player, Assistant coach and now coach they would really have to lowball him for him to not return.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think they have to let Tavaras go and move on from Marner but I'm not sure how easy that will be to do.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
With 23 years now in Carolina as a player, Assistant coach and now coach they would really have to lowball him for him to not return.
Here’s what he said last time he signed an extension:

“The finances and money, that’s part of it, but I feel like I’m the richest coach in the league,” Brind’Amour said. “I have a relationship with my owner and my GM that I don’t know if a lot of coaches get to have, to have the influence on who they’re picking up. And then I don’t know how many coaches can do their job where they live and where they’re from, and had a footprint in everything that’s gone on here over the last 20 years. I don’t know what kind of value you want to put on that. I feel pretty fortunate that I get to do that.“

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It's pretty telling that Marner referred to themselves as "Gods" after losing in the first round again. I doubt you'll hear guys on a team like Vegas referring to themselves like that after losing in Game 7. Tells you a lot about their priorities. More concerned with celebrity status than championships.

lbj23

Jun 22, 2017
Bob McCown on today podcast suggests trading all 4 core members if he was the GM, because in his eyes, they have failed multiple times in the playoffs and wants to blow the Maple Leafs up, even wants to trade Matthews because he wants to get a lot for him and wants to change up the mix entirely. In McCown eyes, he is the only one (in the media) to want to get rid of all 4 of them when most want to get rid of Marner only. He's willing for the Maple Leafs to miss the playoff entirely and even suggests to his guests that you dont know if it will work or not (i.e trading all core 4 members) but keeping all 4 has resulted in failure after failure. Pretty depressing stuff from McCown. Do you think he's right? Here is today's podcast.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
McCown is a baseball/football guy who doesn't know f*** all about hockey.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Trade the entire lot for the first 4 picks of the draft.

Celebrini, Levshunov, Silayev, and Demidov are now their entire future

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Bob McCown on today podcast suggests trading all 4 core members if he was the GM, because in his eyes, they have failed multiple times in the playoffs and wants to blow the Maple Leafs up, even wants to trade Matthews because he wants to get a lot for him and wants to change up the mix entirely. In McCown eyes, he is the only one (in the media) to want to get rid of all 4 of them when most want to get rid of Marner only. He's willing for the Maple Leafs to miss the playoff entirely and even suggests to his guests that you dont know if it will work or not (i.e trading all core 4 members) but keeping all 4 has resulted in failure after failure. Pretty depressing stuff from McCown. Do you think he's right? Here is today's podcast.

This is my problem with the current "media" these talking heads stay stupid shit on purpose to drag people in. Reporting and journalism is dead. It's now what stupid opinion can I spew.

Colin Cowherd is the king of this

Last edited:
Reactions: Chiarelli

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
This.

Their franchise was in incredible shape after the 17/18 season. In terms of cap flexibility, assets , potential, they were probably the wealthiest team in the league in player/picks assets. They lost key guys like Hyman and Kadri and burned so many assets and it has caught up to them.

I feel bad for the good Leaf fans out there, they got f***ed with horrific management.
I really do beleive (and I hate to say it) that Kadri was a more important piece to Toronto squad. Hyman is also another gritty player they lost.....

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
I think they have to let Tavaras go and move on from Marner but I'm not sure how easy that will be to do.
If they have balls and tell them to waive or sit out it's easy, if they don't (which is probably gonna be the case), hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad