Prospect Info: Bob Mack draft article

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Too long to potentially wait for Michkov, but damn if he fell to 12 or so....would definitely try and move up to get him. Fantilli would be my 2nd choice at this point just because the shortage of skill and size up the middle in the organization----but I would take Barlow in a heartbeat with the 3rd and not feel like I really lost out. I know people like the big Swede, but I think the way Barlow plays the game would catch Davidson's eye in a second.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Too long to potentially wait for Michkov, but damn if he fell to 12 or so....would definitely try and move up to get him. Fantilli would be my 2nd choice at this point just because the shortage of skill and size up the middle in the organization----but I would take Barlow in a heartbeat with the 3rd and not feel like I really lost out. I know people like the big Swede, but I think the way Barlow plays the game would catch Davidson's eye in a second.
Why do you think it’s too long? This team has years of rebuilding to do before any of this matters again.

Michkov’s timeline could be perfect for the Hawks. Arguably, there’s no team better positioned to wait for him.

If michov’s ceiling truly is at or near Bedard’s, I think it would be short sighted of the Hawks to go with a lesser prospect that they can parade out sooner in order to sell tickets.

I want to see this team at the Devils’ level in five years, and I don’t really care who is on the roster next year or the year after.

Last edited:

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Why do you think it’s too long? This team has years of rebuilding to do before any of this matters again.

Michkov’s timeline could be perfect for the Hawks. Arguably, there’s no team better positioned to wait for him.

If michov’s ceiling truly is at or near Bedard’s, I think it would be short sighted of the Hawks to go with a lesser prospect that they can parade out sooner in order to sell tickets.

I want to see this team at the Devils’ level in five years, and I don’t really care who is on the roster next year or the year after.
I agree with the reasoning that if MM falls to 4th or lower and Hawks pick that low... they should 100% grab Michkov... his numbers project to Kucherov or better... watching more hilites of Him again,,, MM actually has better hands/shot/skating than Kucherov.... is he has smart/heart??? I can't say- but his Mitts/and skating are Panarin like (not as strong -though)...

But Hawks are a team that can wait/suck for 3-4 more years-based on what they actually have in the system now.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I agree with the reasoning that if MM falls to 4th or lower and Hawks pick that low... they should 100% grab Michkov... his numbers project to Kucherov or better... watching more hilites of Him again,,, MM actually has better hands/shot/skating than Kucherov.... is he has smart/heart??? I can't say- but his Mitts/and skating are Panarin like (not as strong -though)...

But Hawks are a team that can wait/suck for 3-4 more years-based on what they actually have in the system now.
When it comes to skating, Michkov has average straight line speed. He rarely gets any sort of separation on opponents. Back checking, well forget it.

His edges and lateral movement are fantastic, especially in the attack zone.

Last edited:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I don’t want the Hawks playing some chicken shit game if they miss on Bedard. Pick the kid who is the next most likely to be an absolute stud in five years.

Who cares whether he’s here next year or even the year after. This team needs to be picking in the top of the draft for at least a few more seasons.

Who was the last absolute Russian stud drafted to just never come to the nhl? Malkin, Ovi, Panarin, Kucherov, Kaprizov. The studs find their way to the NHL, I do feel like this fear of him staying there permanently is a bit overblown.

By the time he arrives for his age 22 rookie season, the Hawks should have a really solid core in place, and will be adding what is likely an elite goal scorer to it.

Draft centers high the next two drafts. There seem to be 1B/2A centers in those drafts, no different than you’d be taking if you miss on Bedard.

Swing for the superstar talent, no reason to be playing it safe right now. Playing it safe is how you gets busts like Kirby Dach.
I agree and disagree at the same time.

The political climate with Russia right now is a complete 180 from what it was with Ovy, Breadman, etc. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

That said, if Michkov is the guy, and he probably wouldn't be here for at least 3 years, I would probably take the chance and select him if the Hawks are at #4 or lower. Honestly him being several years out probably is a timeline that fits the Hawks potential compete window better than a guy who would be on the team next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad