Board-To-Board Mock - The Draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
You guys are up with the #18 pick of the draft!

How it works?
I'll go on the team's board that are supose to be picking, start a thread, and fans from each team will have to say who they draft. Just reply and say "I pick this guy". Time limit is 8 hours. After the limit no vote counts. When I come on the board, I'll check out the result and reply to the thread to say who they drafted. Then I'll go on the board of team that is picking next.

Players Available:
Every players that are signed by an NHL club, RFA and UFA can be drafted (Ilya Kovalchuk Jason Allison etc.. are available). Unsigned prospect are still property of their respective team. So if Jeff Carter gets sign in real life, we'll place him on the Flyers' roster. Players who were picked to be Franchise Players cannot be drafted.

There will be 22 rounds of drafting. The only restriction you've got is that you got to have atleast 2 goalies.

At the end, your team will have 25 players (with at least 2 goalies), that will compose your roster. Then each board will name ONE GM, who will be the head GM for this team. All the other posters will be his AGMs. GM will be able to send trade proposals via PM to the other head GMs. A team's head GM should always start a thread to talk with his AGMs about what's going on. For exemple if I receive a trade proposal from another GM, I'm going to start a thread on my team's board and ask opinions on what I should do. The GM will be named after the draft is done.

Also, when the draft will be completed and the NHL season will have resume, we might start a keeper pool between all the team's board. That's my goal. What's your opinion about that?

I STARTED A THREAD ON THE MOCK DRAFT BOARD FOR DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS MOCK DRAFT! I SUGGEST EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO TALK ABOUT IT HEADS DOWN TO THIS THREAD:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=2392958#post2392958
WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO KEEP A GREAT DISCUSSION GOING OVER THERE! I'LL ALSO POST ALL THE INFO YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DRAFT OVER THERE!

If anyone has any question please feel free to post. :)

So, WHO DO YOU PICK??

Anaheim Mighty Ducks
01. Jean-Sebastien Giguere (G)
02. Ryan Getzlaf (C)
03. Joffrey Lupul (W)
Atlanta Thrashers
01. Kari Lehtonen (G)
02. Ilya Kovalchuk (W)
03. Dany Heatley (W)
04. Ed Jovanovski (D)
Boston Bruins
01. Joe Thornton (C)
02. Patrice Bergeron (C)
03. Andrew Raycroft (G)
04. Rob Blake (D)
Buffalo Sabres
01. Thomas Vanek (W)
02. Dmitri Kalinin (D)
03. Ryan Miller (G)
04. Scott Gomez (C)
Calgary Flames
01. Jarome Iginla (W)
02. Dion Phaneuf (D)
03. Miikka Kiprusoff (G)
Carolina Hurricanes
01. Eric Staal (C)
02. Justin Williams (W)
03. Cam Ward (G)
Chicago Black Hawks
01. Tuomo Ruutu (W)
02. Anton Babchuk (D)
03. Mark Bell (W)
Columbus Blue Jackets
01. Rick Nash (W)
02. Nikolai Zherdev (W)
03. Marc Denis (G)
Colorado Avalanche
01. Joe Sakic (C)
02. Milan Hejduk (W)
03. Alex Tanguay (W)
04. David Aebischer (G)
Dallas Stars
01. Marty Turco (G)
02. Brendan Morrow (W)
03. Mike Modano (C)
Detroit Red Wings
01. Pavel Datsyuk (C)
02. Henrik Zetterberg (W)
03. Niklas Lidstrom (D)
04. Martin Havlat (W)
Edmonton Oilers
01. Ryan Smyth (W)
02. Eric Brewer (D)
03. Ales Hemsky (W)
04. Zigmund Palffy (W)
Florida Panthers
01. Roberto Luongo (G)
02. Jay Bouwmeester (D)
03. Nathan Horton (C)
Los Angeles Kings
01. Alexander Frolov (W)
02. Mathieu Garon (G)
03. Dustin Brown (W)
Minnesota Wild
01. Marian Gaborik (W)
02. Mikko Koivu (C)
03. Pierre-Marc Bouchard (C)
Montreal Canadiens
01. Jose Theodore (G)
02. Saku Koivu (C)
03. Andrei Markov (D)
04. Olli Jokien (C)
Nashville Predators
01. Dan Hamhuis (D)
02. Ryan Suter (D)
03. Scott Hartnell (W)
04. Robert Esche (G)
New Jersey Devils
01. Martin Brodeur (G)
02. Patrik Elias (W)
03. Scott Niedermayer (D)
04. Robyn Regehr (D)
New York Islanders
01. Rick DiPietro (G)
02. Trent Hunter (W)
03. Adrian Aucoin (D)
04. Petr Forsberg (C)
New York Rangers
01. Fedor Tyutin (D)
02. Jaromir Jagr (W)
03. Jozef Balej (W)
04. Robert Lang (C)
Ottawa Senators
01. Marian Hossa (W)
02. Jason Spezza (C)
03. Zdeno Chara (D)
04. Nikolai Khabibulin (G)
Philadelphia Flyers
01. Joni Pitkanen (D)
02. Simon Gagne (LW)
03. Keith Primeau (C)
04. Daniel Alfredsson (W)
Phoenix Coyotes
01. Shane Doan (W)
02. Ladislav Nagy (W)
03. Derek Morris (D)
Pittsburgh Penguins
01. Marc-Andre Fleury (G)
02. Brooks Orpik (D)
03. Ryan Malone (W)
Saint-Louis Blues
01. Chris Pronger (D)
02. Barret Jackman (D)
03. Keith Tkachuk (W)
San Jose Sharks
01. Patrick Marleau (C)
02. Evgeny Nabokov (G)
03. Brad Stuart (D)
04. Jeff O'Neill (W)
Tampa Bay Lightning
01. Vincent Lecavalier (C)
02. Bard Richards (C)
03. Martin Saint-Louis (W)
04. Tomas Vokoun (G)
Toronto Maple Leafs
01. Mats Sundin (C)
02. Carlo Colaiacovo (D)
03. Matt Stajan (C)
04. Wade Redden (D)
Vancouver Canucks
01. Todd Bertuzzi (W)
02. Mattias Ohlund (D)
03. Markus Naslund (W)
04. Sergei Fedorov (C)
Washington Capitals
01. Alexander Semin (W)
02. Maxime Ouellet (G)
03. Steve Eminger (D)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
1st Round
01. Ottawa - Nikolai Khabibulin (G)
02. Detroit - Martin Havlat (W)
03. Tampa Bay - Tomas Vokoun (G)
04. Toronto - Wade Redden (D)
05. Islanders - Petr Forsberg (C)
06. Colorado - David Aebischer (G)
07. Vancouver - Sergei Fedorov (C)
08. Philadelphia - Daniel Alfredsson (W)
09. Edmonton - Zigmund Palffy (W)
10. Buffalo - Scott Gomez (C)
11. San Jose - Jeff O'Neill (W)
12. Nashville - Robert Esche (G)
13. Atlanta - Ed Jovanovski (D)
14. New Jersey - Robyn Regehr (D)
15. Boston - Rob Blake (D)
16. Montreal - Olli Jokinen (C)
17. Rangers - Robert Lang (C)
18. Los Angeles
19. Calgary
20. Dallas
21. Saint-Louis
22. Pittsburgh
23. Florida
24. Minnesota
25. Phoenix
26. Chicago
27. Washington
28. Anaheim
29. Columbus
30. Carolina
===
2nd Round
31. Carolina
32. Columbus
33. Anaheim
34. Washington
35. Chicago
36. Phoenix
37. Minnesota
38. Florida
39. Pittsburgh
40. Saint-Louis
41. Dallas
42. Calgary
43. Los Angeles
44. Rangers
45. Montreal
46. Boston
47. New Jersey
48. Atlanta
49. Nashville
50. San Jose
51. Buffalo
52. Edmonton
53. Philadelphia
54. Vancouver
55. Colorado
56. Islanders
57. Toronto
58. Tampa Bay
59. Detroit
60. Ottawa
===

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
How did we end up with the 18th pick? It seems to me that the draft order should have gone worst record to best. The teams with the best records already have the most talent to save.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Legionnaire said:
How did we end up with the 18th pick? It seems to me that the draft order should have gone worst record to best. The teams with the best records already have the most talent to save.

if it went worst to best, you're giving the teams with the worst standings, the top pick? works well for an entry draft, to try and level the playing field, since they would have the worst rosters... but here, you're making the bottom teams first choice when there are no set rosters, doesn't make sense.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
DropThePuck said:
Why do some teams have four and some teams three saved players.

as players get picked in the draft, they get added to the list above... so all teams started with 3 protected players... as they pick up one in the draft, they get added (so since we're in the 1st round, that's 4), and why not all teams have 4, since they haven't picked yet - like LA for example.

Old Hickory

We should have someone be in charge of this and we should pm him picks. POsting picks in this thread is just going to help the team after us.

An 8 hour window is fine, but we should have had more of a warning before the first pick

Any volunteers? Elvi? Timmmmmah? Reaper?

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
kingsjohn said:
We should have someone be in charge of this and we should pm him picks. POsting picks in this thread is just going to help the team after us.

An 8 hour window is fine, but we should have had more of a warning before the first pick

Any volunteers? Elvi? Timmmmmah? Reaper?

I'd do it, but with a new born my time is seriously unpredictable. I very well may miss our 8 hr window. I'll try if no-one can do it.

Old Hickory

Do you want to volunteer for the first one and we'll (hopefully) have a few days for a permanent selection?

Old Hickory

Whoever has a pick, pm it to Elvi.

also we need a permanent pick coordinator guy

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
guys... also take a look at the discussion threads in the Mock Draft Forum about this, for those that are interested in the SIM idea with these picks and managing the Kings in it.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
nuckfan in TO said:
if it went worst to best, you're giving the teams with the worst standings, the top pick? works well for an entry draft, to try and level the playing field, since they would have the worst rosters... but here, you're making the bottom teams first choice when there are no set rosters, doesn't make sense.

The top teams obviously have the better to save. Yes, they lose more good players, but how does a save list of Hossa, Chara, Spezza compare to Fleury, Orpik and Malone?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I'm boycotting this draft. This order's a farce. All the crappy teams get to fill their rosters with second teir talent. Great. Just like the real NHL the rich get richer!

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
That's one team compared to 10. Don't you find it a bit strange that teams like Columbus, Carolina, and Anaheim are dead last, while Ottawa, Detroit, and Tampa are tops?

If anything the teams saved players should have been weighed and draft order determined weakest to stongest.

Old Hickory

After conferring with the esteemed draft guru King Elvi.

The LA King's official stance is to boycott this draft

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Legionnaire said:
That's one team compared to 10. Don't you find it a bit strange that teams like Columbus, Carolina, and Anaheim are dead last, while Ottawa, Detroit, and Tampa are tops?

If anything the teams saved players should have been weighed and draft order determined weakest to stongest.

I'm assuming, that was the reason why it was only the top 3 players a team could protect... when it comes down to that, all teams have a good core - or at least the opportunity to protect a good core.

Columbus was still able to protect Nash, Zherdev and Denis... Anaheim chose not to protect Fedorov, Ozolinch or Sykora, but still protected Gigeure, Getzlaf and Lupal.... Florida lost Jokinen, still managed to start of with a core of Luongo, Bouwmeester and Horton.

And in the end, the depth will balance out, since it's a reversal draft... LA will have two picks - late 1st, early 2nd - for example, that are closer together than one of the top teams...

the lower end teams also have another bonus... all teams keep their top unsigned prospects... it's usually the bottom teams that have the best group of prospects.

In the end, in LA's situation, while they might pick 17th, they also get an higher 2nd rounder than any team ahead of them.

anyways, if you guys want to "boycott" this draft... your choice... if anyone of you are interested in management of this team in the the FHL sim, and want to continue picking for that team, let us know... otherwise we'll just have assign someone else to take over the team and picks...

thanks.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Bull crap!!!! We are drafting in the middle, so were do you get off saying that we get a early second? We would always be in the middle of the pack regardless of the reversal or not :shakehead . Screw you guys... we're going home :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->