Board of Governors approves changes for 15-16

AHL News

Apr 17, 2008
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League’s Board of Governors has concluded its 2015 Annual Meeting, held this week at Hilton Head Island, S.C. Chaired by AHL President and CEO David Andrews, the four days of meetings, which concluded Thursday, saw the approval by the Board of the following items to be implemented beginning in 2015-16: Playing Schedule/Standings • The 2015-16 regular season will consist of 1,120 games, played between Oct. (more...)

More...

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
It is testing my last nerve!

I am disappointed by the unbalanced schedule. I think that the west coast teams have an unfair advantage. With fewer games to play, each win counts for a higher percentage.

1/76 = 0.0132 versus 1/68 = 0.0147.

30 wins equals .395 or .441 respectively.

34 wins in 76 games makes .447, so one of the regular teams would need 4 more wins to have a higher percentage than the west coast team in the example.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
It is testing my last nerve!

I am disappointed by the unbalanced schedule. I think that the west coast teams have an unfair advantage. With fewer games to play, each win counts for a higher percentage.

1/76 = 0.0132 versus 1/68 = 0.0147.

30 wins equals .395 or .441 respectively.

34 wins in 76 games makes .447, so one of the regular teams would need 4 more wins to have a higher percentage than the west coast team in the example.

Of course East would need more wins to have a higher percentage, you have 8 more chances to get a win. I see no problem, the AHL is a developmental league. The focus is on practice time (that's hard to get in the west if they played the same number of games) and game situations.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
Of course East would need more wins to have a higher percentage, you have 8 more chances to get a win. I see no problem, the AHL is a developmental league. The focus is on practice time (that's hard to get in the west if they played the same number of games) and game situations.

Can we stop with the "practice time" stuff? It's a crock. They'll barely get an extra week out of this, if that. With the exception of Stockton, every road game San Jose plays will involve an overnight trip. Only Ontario has two teams under 235 miles away, so there'll be plenty of time on buses (or planes) for these guys. In Worcester, they had over a half-dozen teams inside 2 1/2 hours, meaning they'd be home a good deal more time. Manchester wasn't that worse off, and Adirondack only was because they either chose, or were saddled with, a Western Conference schedule. (Norfolk & OKC were outposts - I'll concede those, but they could've chosen closer cities to cut travel & increase practice time if that were the true issue).

They simply want their prospects closer and to save cap money, and that's cool - it's not like the California teams will exist in anyone else's minds till May anyway with everyone's schedule being "nearby-heavy".

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006

Why play games at all? Go to a college schedule. Let them study during the week. Only 2 games a week either Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad