Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs. Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Pretty much do or die tonight. Hopefully the offense continues to hum. I was really really hoping to see Husso, but Yeo likely going to run Allen back to back this weekend.

Forwards

Jaden Schwartz - Brayden Schenn - Vladimir Tarasenko
Patrik Berglund - Kyle Brodziak - Alexander Steen
Dmitrij Jaskin - Vladimir Sobotka - Tage Thompson
Nikita Soshnikov - Ivan Barbashev - Chris Thorburn
Defense

Carl Gunnarsson - Alex Pietrangelo
Vince Dunn - Colton Parayko
Joel Edmundson - Robert Bortuzzo
Goalie

Jake Allen

Reactions: Bendak

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
26l6x7.jpg

Code:
Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Berglund-Brodziak-Steen
Jaskin-Sobotka-Thompson
Soshnikov-Barbashev-Thorburn

D pairs:
Gunnarsson-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Edmundson-Bortuzzo

Allen in starter's net

Alexandar Georgiyev

I just hope this will bite coaching stuff arse not give change for Husso or I look compeletely idiotic and Allen gives out A+ God mode. I know we're racing to playoffs, but Allen's perfromance isn't highest level. So why not give to kiddo change?

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Drove downtown. Jammed with runners and closed streets. Drove by Dogtown. Packed with parade watchers and drinkers.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This is a "Must Win". No less than 2 points will do. Allen has to play well. The skaters have to have several of their shots cross the opponent's goal line before the whistle, and with no goalie interference, and without a replay showing their shift mates had previously been offside. I will accept no less. It has been written! Now let it be done! ;)

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I really don't understand this push to see Husso. He's my favorite prospect and I haven't this much confidence in any Blues goalie prospect that I can remember.

But at the moment, we are desperately fighting for a playoff spot and Allen has been good recently. In the last 4 games Allen has played excellent twice, played well in another game and had a 'meh' night against Colorado. Those aren't the type of performances that should make anyone think, 'we better give a 23 year old his first NHL start in a borderline must-win game.' That's a terrible position to put a prospect in, a bad message to the locker room and a huge gamble. Once the last nails go in the coffin, give Husso a look. But not in games where we absolutely have to win.

Reactions: Bendak and stl76

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
Unless Jake ****s the bed early on in this game or any game, I don't think Husso will see the net until they're eliminated from the playoffs. Although I doubt it, Yeo might be fighting to keep his job for next year.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I don't remember who was the Blues member, but he puzzled loudly "why Blues always finds they can't put young goaltender at NHL level, other teams do it and do it with success, why not us"?

I think this goes hockey culture? You need to be at least 2-3 year AHL'er before you can crack on NHL level. NHL is heading more that 1+ year draft prospect forwards/defencemans/goaltenders are ready to NHL level. Ofc we've seen that goaltenders develope slow pace, but it doesn't Jeesus break Husso if he get change to play NHL level and in possibly get bommed out in 5min, I highly doubt that would happend.

Boy has been beer league, trained golf club, trained with zamboo driver and ask some tips from him how he game looks like? He has gone up and downs and if he goes this season first taste of NHL start and get that in his belt, collect important info's about his game and what need to be done at off-season. I say f*** off you all slow down pace f***ers. The Kid is ready for his NHL debut.

Best case scenario he will put clinic at front of net and put this team in track and super groove. Big success at post-season.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
@Ranksu

Would you want to see Husso so bad if he was Canadian?

Perspective is always enlightening. Nobody here is within the inner circle of Blues’ management (that I know of). Allen is 27, making $4.35 million, and is slated to be the #1 goalie for the foreseeable future. He’s had back to back seasons that includes stretches of less than expected results. The organization basically held his hand last year by giving him time off. I doubt that happens again.

It’s very possible Army wants Yeo to ride Allen the rest of the year to further evaluate if he fits long term. That’s just 1 possibility of 20 other possibilities. We simply don’t know.

As an organization they’re still trying to make the playoffs. Simply going by that alone it doesn’t make sense from their point of view to play Husso.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
@Ranksu

Would you want to see Husso so bad if he was Canadian?

Perspective is always enlightening. Nobody here is within the inner circle of Blues’ management (that I know of). Allen is 27, making $4.35 million, and is slated to be the #1 goalie for the foreseeable future. He’s had back to back seasons that includes stretches of less than expected results. The organization basically held his hand last year by giving him time off. I doubt that happens again.

It’s very possible Army wants Yeo to ride Allen the rest of the year to further evaluate if he fits long term. That’s just 1 possibility of 20 other possibilities. We simply don’t know.

As an organization they’re still trying to make the playoffs. Simply going by that alone it doesn’t make sense from their point of view to play Husso.

Tbh, No.

I've followed Husso before he was selected in the draft (2014), since WJC U20 tournament (at 2013-2014) when another goaltender at tournament was Juuso Saros. I do have long view of him at finnish league and you could say special 'bond' on him. So yeah ofc I'm more hyped when I know his history. It was gold thing, 'cus I liked his potential and best case scenario Leafs traded that pick for Polak and Blues drafted him.

Even knowing Husso hasn't played single NHL game, I believe he's going to be stud goaltender at NHL level. He has all the potential to be more then #1 goaltender.

Sky doesn't fall if he doesn't get change to play up this season, but it could be very valuable for his develope at this off-season and coming next season. Maybe if we've falled behind from playoff spot, but I view Husso could be potentially turning point of this team. Goaltender who is cool and calm like 'viilipytty'. Goaltender who drives his players to play even better front of him.

So yeah I'm heavily biased of Husso.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
What if their goalie plays like Varlamov?

I honestly wouldn't be upset. If Blues gave that honest effort in nearly all their loses this year. I would not be disappointed one bit. Maybe Allen will play like he did one year ago.

Maybe we can trick them into thinking it is a road game and they play better?

Ha! I didn't even think of that, I am just a big fan of home whites. I hated the change, it was all because of jersey sales.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
TBH I am excited to see Husso as well. From what I have seen he has the aura of a winner and that's something Allen does not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->