Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014

I'd make a full-assed GDT, but I got injured.

41blT2r-JNL.jpg

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I have to agree with the commenter on that Twitter post. I would rather see Schmaltz and sit Bortuzzo or Gunnarson. I think they are starting Bobby B because it's Anaheim. Lots of big bodies.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
i agree. last game they hit us A LOT! i think its about fighting back this game. we will see tons of hits being finished tonight

justde

Apr 12, 2015
I have to agree with the commenter on that Twitter post. I would rather see Schmaltz and sit Bortuzzo or Gunnarson. I think they are starting Bobby B because it's Anaheim. Lots of big bodies.

Schmaltz for sure is a man for the future - but the future aint here yet. He has in no way proved to be better than Bort or Gunnar. He will probably be next year - but that´s not today.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Schmaltz for sure is a man for the future - but the future aint here yet. He has in no way proved to be better than Bort or Gunnar. He will probably be next year - but that´s not today.
Schmaltz is definitely better than Bortuzzo or Gunnarsson, but he brings a different game that the Blues probably feel they don't need in this game.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Gunnar and Bort are redundant. Just decent defensive d men. Thank jesus they aren't paired together because they are an awful pairing. Not sure the whole Bortuzzo and JBo pairing is much better. Would rather see Schmaltz with a defenseman who is solid in his own zone like Bouw, and then see the Dunn Bort pairing back. Unless we are showcasing Bort or Gunnar for a different team I don't see any reason to have them both in the lineup especially when we are lacking this much offense due to injury. If we are along the lines of thinking Bort is in there due to the physicality of the Ducks then we should just go ahead and release Thorburn right now if he can't do the only job he was brought in to do.

Also, for the love of god why would you take Scotty away from Brodz. This lineup is going to suck the life out of Brodziak playing without a single linemate who knows how to shoot the puck at a junior level.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'd like to see this top 6

Sobokta Schenn Tarasenko
Steen Stastny Jaskin
I really want to see Schenn w/ Vova and Stastny w/ Jaskin. Mix in Sobotka/Steen/Barbashev on LW as needed, but those should be the C - RW combos IMO.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Honestly...why is Paajarvi not waived yet. Wouldn't it be better to be playing Blais with these guys right now? Also, why split up what's been such an effective line with Upshall, Brodziak, and Jaskin. Why not keep them together and up their playing time a bit more? I would have liked to see Barbashev with Tarasenko and Schenn.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
The Ducks do have Getzlaf and Silfverberg back now, but you could still ice a great starting six with the players who are out on both sides.

Schwartz - Kesler - Perry
Lindholm - Pietrangelo
Hutton

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
There are so many injuries, that I have a feeling the game is going to be replaced with NHL 18 gameplay played by the players in the hospital.

Good news, no injuries. Bad news, Doc Emrick and Eddie Olecyk...

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Any coincidence that the spokes-animal for this company that sells injury insurance is the same animal that we are playing tonight? Makes you go hmmmmm.:huh:

aflac_large.jpg

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Not that there is much that can be done atm but the forward lines are miserable.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Bouwmeester haters will have another chance to see how The Blues do with Schmaltz playing instead. The Blues killed off the first penalty without him and now go on the power play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad