Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Caps 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This team is amazing. All resolve, no give up.
I've watched The Blues since 1967. This season's team is just about as fun to watch as any they've had, including the 1967-71 teams, 1980-81, 1990-91, The Stanley Cupper, and the 1995-2004 teams. I hope they can win The Cup again, within the next 2-3 seasons, and that Tarasenko is still with them when they do it.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
The post-game interviews with the 1st star are usually cringey.
Yeah but there’s good stuff too. Sometimes Pang says the right thing. It gives the crowd a chance to directly interact with the player etc. honestly, I usually watch the other feed but if we are at home and going to win I flip over to see the 3 stars. Unlike that sing a long we always do at commercial, I see some value in this one.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

JR1

Dec 22, 2016
I've watched The Blues since 1967. This season's team is just about as fun to watch as any they've had, including the 1967-71 teams, 1980-81, 1990-91, The Stanley Cupper, and the 1995-2004 teams. I hope they can win The Cup again, within the next 2-3 seasons, and that Tarasenko is still with them when they do it.
I’ve been watching since inception and I agree. Someone of the ‘press’ needs to grow a pair and flat out ask him what he’s thinking.

Cape

Dec 31, 2019
Finland
Please don't forget that the only reason Washington isn't leading in this game is because they have openly fumbled and missed wide open nets and that has nothing to do with who is in goal.
Which game did you watch?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
How did Mikkola play?
He played reasonably well overall (as he has in recent games), but had a couple hesitant, sloppy plays, during The First Period, when most of The Blues were playing sloppily and a disconnected game. They all picked up their game near the end of The 1st, and mostly played well from then all the way to the end. It was a dominant last two periods, really as good as the best of this whole season.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I think Kostin needs some better line mates. I’ve heard he is working his ass off in practice. He’s very physical when given the chance. He’s starting to grow on me.
I look at him like Barbie. He needs to put in his time and work his way up.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Well. Blues came out a little lazy but once they got going at some point in the 1st they played a very strong game right until the end. A little luck and great goaltending saved the Blues early on but the last 40mins Caps really didn't have too many chances to come back and it was all Blues. Impressive performance.
Good summary

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
first 10 mins were a track meet and the blues looked like they might go off the rails. great game from husso to keep it close and a little puck luck turned it all around real quick. momentum is a funny thing like that

Reactions: fishsandwichpatrol

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
first 10 mins were a track meet and the blues looked like they might go off the rails. great game from husso to keep it close and a little puck luck turned it all around real quick. momentum is a funny thing like that
Puck luck was huge.

Ovi fumbled on a wide open net and another Caps player was right in front of Husso redirecting a pass, but his stick blade was angled toward Husso's left pad.

Had Ovi not fumbled that easy goal and if the other dude opened his blade a little more, then I think we would have lost.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
I only saw the third period but they looked like a different time from the other night against Pittsburgh. Against the Pens they always looked like they were chasing the play and the Pens. It looked almost completely the opposite last night, at least in the third.

Being up 3-1 at the end of two and adding to that as the clock struck midnight on the period is huge. Dan Kelly used to say that a two goal lead was the worst in hockey. Adding to that and essentially deflating the Caps going into the intermission was huge, IMO.

Looks like a good win all the way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad