Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I would be okay with Johnson if it didnt cost Kyrou or Thomas. Let me ask you something else though, if JT resigns with the :isles ,what do you think of going for Hoffman & Duchene? one big package and gets us a Solid C & LW/RW.
If Duchene is available, we have to consider it. The problem is knowing what the hell Ottawa are going to do.

Their entire situation is a complete mess. Karlsson is highly unlikely to sign an extension, and they'll be forced to trade him. They can't really gut the roster and tank next season, because they are likely heading for a top-5 pick this year and that means Colorado will probably have their 2019 first.

Duchene and Hoffman are almost certainly going to have high asking prices.

If we want Ottawa players, hope they keep winning to end the season. If they end up with the 8th or 9th overall, I think they seriously consider sending that to Colorado and completely gutting the roster ahead of next season.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I would be okay with Johnson if it didnt cost Kyrou or Thomas. Let me ask you something else though, if JT resigns with the :isles ,what do you think of going for Hoffman & Duchene? one big package and gets us a Solid C & LW/RW.

My fear is the cost. It would be big and I don't want to lose Thomas for either of those players, not even if both are coming. If you can pull it off using other prospects and current players, I'm all for it. Ottawa might even take trade-able assets back as part of the deal. If I had to spitball a guess, I'd say Kyrou, Thompson, and Walman are, at least, a starting point, along with probably a roster player like Sobotka or Barbashev and a pick or two. But again, it all really depends on what Ottawa does, or more importantly, Dorian.

I know it's been discussed numerous times, but there really needs to be a priority order for Armstrong's off-season plans, and the first, before trying to sign JT, is moving Berglund AND Sobotka at the draft...period. If you can't get rid of both of them...you'd better fill up your team with players who can cover for them.

I know that's a tall order with Berglund's no trade, but seriously...dude just needs to go. Maybe Ottawa, if Berglund was willing to waive, would take him on since he's cheap but who knows.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
My fear is the cost. It would be big and I don't want to lose Thomas for either of those players, not even if both are coming. If you can pull it off using other prospects and current players, I'm all for it. Ottawa might even take trade-able assets back as part of the deal. If I had to spitball a guess, I'd say Kyrou, Thompson, and Walman are, at least, a starting point, along with probably a roster player like Sobotka or Barbashev and a pick or two. But again, it all really depends on what Ottawa does, or more importantly, Dorian.

I know it's been discussed numerous times, but there really needs to be a priority order for Armstrong's off-season plans, and the first, before trying to sign JT, is moving Berglund AND Sobotka at the draft...period. If you can't get rid of both of them...you'd better fill up your team with players who can cover for them.

I know that's a tall order with Berglund's no trade, but seriously...dude just needs to go. Maybe Ottawa, if Berglund was willing to waive, would take him on since he's cheap but who knows.

So a :sens fan said he would be comfortable with Fabbri+Walman+2018 1st for Duchene. I gotta say i am too

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I don’t see Dorian trading off Duschene after paying the price he did to Colorado. He is their only top 6 Center in the organization. Colin White and Logan Brown still have too many holes in their game to get sucked into filling those roles.

Reactions: Alklha

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
If Duchene is available, we have to consider it. The problem is knowing what the hell Ottawa are going to do.

Their entire situation is a complete mess. Karlsson is highly unlikely to sign an extension, and they'll be forced to trade him. They can't really gut the roster and tank next season, because they are likely heading for a top-5 pick this year and that means Colorado will probably have their 2019 first.

Duchene and Hoffman are almost certainly going to have high asking prices.

If we want Ottawa players, hope they keep winning to end the season. If they end up with the 8th or 9th overall, I think they seriously consider sending that to Colorado and completely gutting the roster ahead of next season.
I read just a few days ago that Duchene just wants to win a cup, and he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding team. I think it's safe to say he is on the market come the draft.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
traded from prospect thread in here.

We will hopefully have Fabbri back, although he might go out in a trade.

You really think we'll trade away Fabbri? And when trade away Fabbri at off-season or TDL? Doesn't we need to see first where he's at?

What you projet to which Fabbri would traded for?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I don’t see Dorian trading off Duschene after paying the price he did to Colorado. He is their only top 6 Center in the organization. Colin White and Logan Brown still have too many holes in their game to get sucked into filling those roles.
I agree. We may never know the whole story, but something about the way he left Colorado and how he performed in Ottawa after when he got what he wanted doesn't sit well with me. I'm not sure he should even be a guy we target even if he is available.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I read just a few days ago that Duchene just wants to win a cup, and he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding team. I think it's safe to say he is on the market come the draft.
I think they wait until the deadline next year before a decision on Duchene. Trading him for a fraction of what they paid for him, before they have even given up the most significant piece in the trade, is terrible optics. That matters for Ottawa just now. I imagine that it will take a huge return to get Duchene in the summer.
You really think we'll trade away Fabbri? And when trade away Fabbri at off-season or TDL? Doesn't we need to see first where he's at?

What you projet to which Fabbri would traded for?
I'm only going from the speculation, and there has been talk Armstrong was open to moving him in a deal for Hoffman. That would make sense; Schwartz and Steen are here long term, so if we're getting Hoffman to play on the LW then Fabbri is the guy pushed out.

I wouldn't want to move Fabbri, I'd rather we were focused on getting a RW rather than a LW.

Reactions: ezcreepin

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I think they wait until the deadline next year before a decision on Duchene. Trading him for a fraction of what they paid for him, before they have even given up the most significant piece in the trade, is terrible optics. That matters for Ottawa just now. I imagine that it will take a huge return to get Duchene in the summer.

I'm only going from the speculation, and there has been talk Armstrong was open to moving him in a deal for Hoffman. That would make sense; Schwartz and Steen are here long term, so if we're getting Hoffman to play on the LW then Fabbri is the guy pushed out.

I wouldn't want to move Fabbri, I'd rather we were focused on getting a RW rather than a LW.
I dont disagree with you in that, they will trade him at the deadline. I'm more so commenting on the availability of him. He wanted out of Colorado, and per an article source, he said he didn't want to be on a rebuilding team anymore. However, I do believe that it takes a while for anything to materialize on any team front, unless of course someone is desperate and overpays early on.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
How is Duchene’s value greater at next year’s TDL compared to at the draft this year. He’s a top 6 center. Plenty of teams need one. It seems like Ottawa screwed up bringing in Duchene. It’s not like I follow Ottawa closely but what were their intentions? They gave up Turris, a 1st, a 3rd and Hammond for 1.5 years of Duchene. Did management expect to make the playoffs with that deal? It appears so from the outside looking in but that makes almost no sense.

Ottawa is assured a top 10 pick this yea7r so Colorado will get their 2019 1st. I’m guessing that’s a top 10 and possibly a top 5 pick. They’re probably trading EK at the draft if they can’t resign him. They’re basically an organization that should embrace a full rebuild which makes the Duchene deal even worse as they should have received futures for Turris.

I think the other GM’s have Dorion bent over a barrel. Unless Duchene comes with a extension in place I don’t see Ottawa getting a lot for him. How long did it take Sakic to deal Duchene? I’m sure there’s teams with interest but it’s similar to the Shattenkirk situation. Why give up a lot when Duchene is a free agent in 1 year?

I don’t think Duchene is good enough to create a bidding war otherwise it would have already happened.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Duchene isn't the star he once was. It sounds weird that a guy like him, who isn't old, has fallen off but he's been less productive every year since his peak (lockout year). His hockey IQ isn't very good and he relies heavily on his skating which has begun to fall off already.

I'd stay clear of him. I'd rather have RNH or Reinhart. I don't think neither are that far fetched and Reinhart especially is an incredible player.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Duchene isn't the star he once was. It sounds weird that a guy like him, who isn't old, has fallen off but he's been less productive every year since his peak (lockout year). His hockey IQ isn't very good and he relies heavily on his skating which has begun to fall off already.

I'd stay clear of him. I'd rather have RNH or Reinhart. I don't think neither are that far fetched and Reinhart especially is an incredible player.
I mean he's on pace for his career average and he had a horrible 15-ish games to his start in Ottawa, so I'd say he's pretty much the same. Plus, his faceoffs aren't bad either. I'm not saying he's going to fix every problem, but he wouldn't be bad to have.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
How is Duchene’s value greater at next year’s TDL compared to at the draft this year. He’s a top 6 center. Plenty of teams need one. It seems like Ottawa screwed up bringing in Duchene. It’s not like I follow Ottawa closely but what were their intentions? They gave up Turris, a 1st, a 3rd and Hammond for 1.5 years of Duchene. Did management expect to make the playoffs with that deal? It appears so from the outside looking in but that makes almost no sense.

Ottawa is assured a top 10 pick this yea7r so Colorado will get their 2019 1st. I’m guessing that’s a top 10 and possibly a top 5 pick. They’re probably trading EK at the draft if they can’t resign him. They’re basically an organization that should embrace a full rebuild which makes the Duchene deal even worse as they should have received futures for Turris.

I think the other GM’s have Dorion bent over a barrel. Unless Duchene comes with a extension in place I don’t see Ottawa getting a lot for him. How long did it take Sakic to deal Duchene? I’m sure there’s teams with interest but it’s similar to the Shattenkirk situation. Why give up a lot when Duchene is a free agent in 1 year?

I don’t think Duchene is good enough to create a bidding war otherwise it would have already happened.
Duchene has most value at the draft, but that isn't the point.

There are 2 scenarios here; Ottawa gives up their 2018 1st or they give up their 2019 1st.

Giving up the 2018 1st: If they end up with the 7th or 8th overall this year, I can see them sending that to Colorado. It allows them to gut the roster and enter a full rebuild, that includes Duchene. It's the cleanest way to do things at this point.

Giving up the 2019 1st: This is a lot more problematic. They need to move Karlsson to get a return. They can't trade everyone, because nobody is going to pay to see a terrible team that isn't even going to see the benefit of being terrible. They need to attempt to be competitive.

The return for Duchene at the deadline (probably a late 1st, conditional pick & decent prospect) isn't going to be massively less than his return at the draft. It's in their interests to keep him, try to be competitive and try and convince him to stay.

They've just backed themselves into a situation with only terrible options to choose from.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
It would take 2 separate transactions but i wonder if we could add Holtby for something around our (Winn) 1st, and then in turn flip Allen to another Goalie needy team for a 2nd. All-in-all it would be moving down 15-20 spots in the draft but gaining Holtby for Allen.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Luckily Washington would not trade Holtby without overpayment. Holtby is mentally on the same level as Allen. Only difference between the 2 is Holtby positions himself really well more often than not. But oh dear lord that glove hand:eek:, everyone in the league knows to just shoot it glove side on him.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Luckily Washington would not trade Holtby without overpayment. Holtby is mentally on the same level as Allen. Only difference between the 2 is Holtby positions himself really well more often than not. But oh dear lord that glove hand:eek:, everyone in the league knows to just shoot it glove side on him.

Or if you’re Kucherov, just don’t even shoot lol

Reactions: PiggySmalls

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
With Arizona looking strong down the middle: Stephen, Keller, Strome etc...
Any chance we can pry away Dvorak in the offseason?

Wonder if Thompson/Kostin + Gunnar/Schmaltz/Walman would get us close?

I think Dvorak is only going to get better, and playing with top 6 talent on our team is only going to improve his numbers as well.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
With Arizona looking strong down the middle: Stephen, Keller, Strome etc...
Any chance we can pry away Dvorak in the offseason?

Wonder if Thompson/Kostin + Gunnar/Schmaltz/Walman would get us close?

I think Dvorak is only going to get better, and playing with top 6 talent on our team is only going to improve his numbers as well.
Keller isn't playing center at the NHL level, and might not ever, and Strome hasn't shown anything in the NHL yet.

Dvorak is 3rd on their team in goals (4th in points) and still on an ELC. There is no reason for them to take a step back by trading him for guys behind him on the development curve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->