Blues to raise ticket prices 10%

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
McLoughlin, who projects the Blues’ season-ticket prices will be in the bottom-third of the NHL, said the pricing for 21 percent of the seats at Savvis will stay the same or drop. The $8 ticket for the mezzanine high end section remains.
Yes, you're reading that right. Fans can get season tickets in the high ends and it works out to $8 a ticket. Or, those seats are $15 each at the gate. At some point those ticket prices are going to have to go up, even if it means a 33% increase ... to $20 at the gate.

bigjags*

Raising ticket prices in St Lo??? Wow. I quickly saw this on the front page and had to click. I'd hate to see what would happen if...they didn't finish last?? :shakehead

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Raising ticket prices in St Lo??? Wow. I quickly saw this on the front page and had to click. I'd hate to see what would happen if...they didn't finish last?? :shakehead

You do realize that you're allowed to not pay those prices if you feel that they're too high, right?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Yes, you're reading that right. Fans can get season tickets in the high ends and it works out to $8 a ticket. Or, those seats are $15 each at the gate. At some point those ticket prices are going to have to go up, even if it means a 33% increase ... to $20 at the gate.

The last two seasons, Sabre season ticket holders who sat in the 300 Level ends (which is the middle section and the section on either side and thats the whole section-aside from first two rows) where the Sabres defend twice-priced at $10 per game. The season ticket holders who sat on the opposite end of the 300 Level where the Sabres shot twice-had to pay $17 per game.

For the upcoming season, the Sabres are charging season ticket holders-$15 per game in both areas so in one the price went down $2 per game however in the other (and unfortunately where I have season tickets) went up $5 per game. So I'm paying an additional $410 (I have two season tickets) this season. I figured eventually my price per game would go up to where its even with the season ticket holders opposite of us but figured a slight increase of $2-$3 per-game this season then even it out the following season or two. Still $15 per game is a great deal and if the playoff prices stay the same (season ticket price-first two rounds and then only $5 raise per game-conference finals/finals) then I can't really complain.

So Blues fan, take advantage of the deal ($8 per game for STH) while you can because it will definiately go up in the future.

LS...
Tell Jay, the Buffalo fans miss him! too bad our game this season vs them will be in St. Louis. (Stupid NHL!)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Supply and demand. Ticket prices will always go up until people stop buying them.

This isn't wholley unexpected. There are some people who knew this was going to happen. Did you all honestly expect that the owners were serious when they said that the salary cap would keep prices low? Please. Now they just get to make more money. This is going to be a huge issue when the CBA comes up again, and we all knew this last year. The fans keep stuffing the owners greedy pockets and then the players will want a bigger cut. The only solution is for fans to stop buying tickets and listen to owners and players blame each other for it.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
Supply and demand. Ticket prices will always go up until people stop buying them.

This isn't wholley unexpected. There are some people who knew this was going to happen. Did you all honestly expect that the owners were serious when they said that the salary cap would keep prices low? Please. Now they just get to make more money. This is going to be a huge issue when the CBA comes up again, and we all knew this last year. The fans keep stuffing the owners greedy pockets and then the players will want a bigger cut. The only solution is for fans to stop buying tickets and listen to owners and players blame each other for it.

How is this going to be an issue when the new CBA comes up, the players get a % of the money if its $100 a seat or $8 a seat....They are happy to have the owners make more money, then the players will too. Everyone wins....except some of the fans!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How is this going to be an issue when the new CBA comes up, the players get a % of the money if its $100 a seat or $8 a seat....They are happy to have the owners make more money, then the players will too. Everyone wins....except some of the fans!

because if the owners keep making boat loads of money and keep raising ticket prices and people keep buying tickets and the cap keeps going up because of it (because the NHL relies on gate receipts more than anything) the players aren't going to sit back and watch it happen like we would

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
because if the owners keep making boat loads of money and keep raising ticket prices and people keep buying tickets and the cap keeps going up because of it (because the NHL relies on gate receipts more than anything) the players aren't going to sit back and watch it happen like we would
The players are going to complain if the cap goes up, allowing them (along with the owners) to make more money? :dunno:

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
The players are going to complain if the cap goes up, allowing them (along with the owners) to make more money? :dunno:

Yeah, I still dont get what you are saying...players make 54%+ on this contract, how can they not be happy if the owners make more?

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
i hope your being sarcastic..

I am. I was told countless times by Little Gary that ticket prices were high because of the greedy players and once there was a cap tickets would be affordable for all. I guess I was an *** for questioning that one, huh?

Brent Burns Beard