Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Porter to 2yr 1way deal

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Awesome. I was hoping he'd eventually get a 1-way contract. Porter is the consummate fourth liner and brings back the grit that we've been missing most of this year.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
He probably deserved it last season, and it just didn't look like we had room for him at the time. I was surprised nobody picked him up, particularly when you look at Peluso getting picked up off waivers at the start of this season.

Really glad to have him back though. I think Cracknell will get offered a 2-way deal now, but I'd be happy enough giving him a 1-way contract as well.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Awesome news, very happy to have him here. He never takes a shift off. Great grinder on the 4th line!

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I was surprised he didn't get a one way last year, good for him. Love him on the 4th line

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Good for him. Definitely earned it with how hard he plays every night.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
It was a stroke of good fortune for the Blues that no one claimed him. I know its not hard to find 4th line players, but he's a great fit here and it would have been a shame to lose him. Its also nice to see him successfully carving an NHL career for himself.

ikeman79

Aug 3, 2008
I might get smacked, but I think Porter should take Nichols spot full time. I think he is ok at Center. I think he deserved this contract and give him props, I have never seen him not play his role and do it well.

Another guy I really like is Cracknell. They have some chemistry and Adam will shoot from anywhere which I like in an energy guy. Its one reason our energy line has been so effective the last few games. Craknell and Porter aren't afraid to shoot at the net, which has resulted in some goals, very big goals that we needed badly. These guys are a very good example for the whole forward crew. They hustle, the bust their butts every shift, they hit like a freight train and they will shoot!! I'm not sure whats not to like about these guys.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I like having a Porter type on the 3rd line. We need someone who will work their ass off in the top 9 to keep giving the team energy.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
One of the fastest players on the team, especially when accelerating. I think he is preferable to Nichols in the lineup at this point, he is in the prime of his career while Nichols is leaving his. Especially if Sobotka could center the 4th line.

Dont forget that he was also playing for us when we were streaking last season too. All good teams have capable grinders, and I think he should be playing every night.

stlweir

Sep 29, 2008
Love Porter's speed and tenacity. I really like him at center especially if he can become an accomplished face off man. He can even provide a bit of offense. If Sobotka is the 4th line center then like Porter on LW. Either way really like him on the checking line while an occassional move up to provide some energy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad