Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Noel Acciari to a one-year, $1.25 million dollar contract.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It definitely was a trip, by the way. I never understood why Blues fans continue to argue it and defend the missed call even after we won. It's okay to admit it now lol.

Reactions: Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
It definitely was a trip, by the way. I never understood why Blues fans continue to argue it and defend the missed call even after we won. It's okay to admit it now lol.
I've posted this before, but I'll reiterate; perception is reality.

I went back and forth on that play over and over......

It's amazing what a little top-down cognitive dissonance will do. It's a fancy way of saying bias. I am filtering my senses and perceptions based on already-existing knowledge/experience and it is the already-existing knowledge/experience that clouds the lens.

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
It was a trip but it also looked like one hell of an embellishment. I think if he doesn't do the whole rocket-skate-bicycle-kick thing, there is a good chance Bozak goes to the box. But the ref had a split-second decision: call the trip, call a trip + embellishment, or call neither. I would've chosen the latter.

I'm curious to see more of Acciari and see if he's a flopper or merely has terrible balance or what. From what I've seen so far, he sure seems to have a flair for the dramatic when he falls.

Reactions: BlueMed

ValHaller

May 23, 2022
St. Louis, MO
The non call was a game management decision. There was a blatant trip at the other end of the ice minutes prior that went uncalled. It's that simple. This narrative needs to proliferate.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
It was a trip but it also looked like one hell of an embellishment. I think if he doesn't do the whole rocket-skate-bicycle-kick thing, there is a good chance Bozak goes to the box. But the ref had a split-second decision: call the trip, call a trip + embellishment, or call neither. I would've chosen the latter.

I'm curious to see more of Acciari and see if he's a flopper or merely has terrible balance or what. From what I've seen so far, he sure seems to have a flair for the dramatic when he falls.

I hope we don't see a lot of that this season. Looks like he's playing soccer out there.

Reactions: Punished ROR

Mar 6, 2012
Of course it was a trip? Is that really in question?

I just always thought it was funny how the narrative became somehow that the Blues cheated on that goal.

No, it was a bad call that went in their favor and they capitalized on it. You know, the sort of thing that happens all the time.

I understand the frustration though. If I was a Bruins fan I would have been pissed as hell. But get mad at the refs or the league, not Bozak or the Blues.

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Of course it was a trip? Is that really in question?

I just always thought it was funny how the narrative became somehow that the Blues cheated on that goal.

No, it was a bad call that went in their favor and they capitalized on it. You know, the sort of thing that happens all the time.

I understand the frustration though. If I was a Bruins fan I would have been pissed as hell. But get mad at the refs or the league, not Bozak or the Blues.

incidental contact :laugh:

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
Acciari says it was a trip and I can take his word for it. The ref thought it was embellished. Those are the breaks.

Kadri says his contact with Binnington was unintentional. Considering the number of suspensions he’s had and dirty plays he’s been involved in, I can’t take his word for it.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Let's also not forget the puck was in his feet too. Unfortunate for boston what happened on the play, but what's bozak supposed to do? just not try to make a play on the puck, the ref saw it that way as well hence why they didn't call the penalty, if the puck wasn't there, and bozak still did what he did they 100% would've made the call. context matters.

I also highly reccomend not stopping until the whistle blows when youre playing in a stanley cup final...... every kid growing up is taught not to just assume the ref is always gonna make the call and to keep playing until the whistle, boston didn't and they paid for it.....it's hockey..... we all know the blues have been on the wrong side of those kinds of calls as well.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Ultimately the Bruins lost game 5 but won game 6 handily and had a chance to win a Cup at home in game 7 and didn’t do it. It’s not like a football game where that one call ended the series. I have no sympathy for Boston or their fans and in fact I’m glad some of them are still so upset. Hope they never get over it.

Reactions: DatDude44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad