GDT: Blues @ Sens-6pm: 1 Hoffman To Go, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Thanks for the GDT! I noticed your note at the bottom of the post, but according to the Blues site Thorburn will indeed be in the lineup tonight. There are even some quotes from Yeo about how Thorburn deserves to be in there due to his strong game Tuesday and I agree with that. Maybe #22 is fired up and pops one in tonight. Heck, I'll just call it....Thorburn with the GWG! :naughty:

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Thanks for the GDT! I noticed your note at the bottom of the post, but according to the Blues site Thorburn will indeed be in the lineup tonight. There are even some quotes from Yeo about how Thorburn deserves to be in there due to his strong game Tuesday and I agree with that. Maybe #22 is fired up and pops one in tonight. Heck, I'll just call it....Thorburn with the GWG! :naughty:

Noted about Throbs, thanks for the update!

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Considering Schwartz is out, I actually like the lines and D pairings a lot.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Considering Schwartz is out, I actually like the lines and D pairings a lot.
We actually have a pretty good roster when you consider both Fabbri and Schwartz are missing. I’m confident that if we had both, we would be in a much different place in the standings right now. Both are goalscorers and do a lot of the dirty work. I’m already looking forward to next year.

Reactions: Mike Liut

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'm okay with Thorburn in again. I like Ed-Pietro (finally!) as the 1st pairing too. Why is Steen on the right and Jaskin on the left? That makes no sense to me.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Trade away Thomas, Kyrou or Kostin? :help:
With all the complaining many of us have done over the years about only being able to get a 1C by drafting, why would we ever consider getting rid of Thomas? I'm not saying he's going to be a 1C, but he's got a really good shot at top 6 C, is cost controlled, and is ours. Thomas is a no go for me unless he's packaged in a deal to actually get a 1C in a trade.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
With all the complaining many of us have done over the years about only being able to get a 1C by drafting, why would we ever consider getting rid of Thomas? I'm not saying he's going to be a 1C, but he's got a really good shot at top 6 C, is cost controlled, and is ours. Thomas is a no go for me unless he's packaged in a deal to actually get a 1C in a trade.
I don't want to trade away those assets, but aint not gonna get Hoffman unless you give up one promising prospect back to Sens.

And clarify I don't wanna trade away our prospects or I don't want Hoffman here. That post was generally for those who has wanted Blues get some rental for us. Those bastards thinks we're Stanley Cup contenders.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Yeah, I can't count myself in the group that thinks we are legitimate contenders. Even with a Hoffman, Simmonds, etc., we are still flawed. Next year we are in much better shape. I don't want to pay the tax that comes with a TDL trade. I'd rather get Fabbri back, probably going to have one or more of our ELC's ready, and the cap to do something this off season.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
with all this hot soby and hoffman talk, gotta think the game winner comes off one of their sticks.

Petro's 28th birthday could net him a hat trick or 28 minutes of ice time.

Desperately wanna see at least 3 goals tonight.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
With a healthy Schwartz and a hot goalie, i think this team could win a cup. Plenty of talent on this roster. It would require everybody stepping up there game, which needs to happen anyway.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I’ve been waitin for these games for a while now. I’ve been watching a lot of OTT hockey lately, and they can be a really fun team to watch. I hope we get to see the Hoffman show, but come out with a win.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Can't watch another press conf with Yeo... let's not discuss the elephant in the room lol.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
round three ;)
Vladimir+Sobotka+Matt+Duchene+St+Louis+Blues+tjCXX8TgU0ul.jpg

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Edmundson-Pietrangelo is the pairing we all deserve. Dunn-Parayko should be next

This is the top 4 I want to see for the next 3-5 years. I don't think Ed is or ever will be a true top 2 D man in a vacuum, but I think he is good enough to be the 2nd guy on a top pairing that has Petro next to him. I'm expecting a slump at some point, but Dunn looks damn close to being a #4 D man right now. There is no doubt in my mind that by 2019 he is ready to be an every night #4 D man on this roster. I'm fine sheltering him on the bottom pair for now, but I agree completely that we should keep Ed with Petro and give Dunn some looks with Parayko this year.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Edmundson-Petro
Dunn-Parayko

Is a damn fine D corps for the next 3-5 years at least. Then you have Schmaltz, Walman, and Mikkola so even if one of those guys can stick the Blues are, barring disaster, sitting pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->