Blues reacquire Ernie Hayes' organ

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The Blues just bought the old organ Ernie Hayes used to use back at the St. Louis Arena. Some guy had it and was going to list it on craigslist. :laugh:

Affleck of course bought it as soon as he heard about it. Good thinking, Bruce!

It won't replace the current organ but it sounds like the Blues will use it in some capacity in the future. Good to have a piece of history back!

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21563752/st-louis-blues-reacquire-important-piece-of-team-history

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The Blues just bought the old organ Ernie Hayes used to use back at the St. Louis Arena. Some guy had it and was going to list it on craigslist. :laugh:

Affleck of course bought it as soon as he heard about it. Good thinking, Bruce!

It won't replace the current organ but it sounds like the Blues will use it in some capacity in the future. Good to have a piece of history back!

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21563752/st-louis-blues-reacquire-important-piece-of-team-history

This is a cool story. Glad the organization got their hands on it and not some random person off craigslist

Maya Blue

Jan 17, 2013
Definitely great news! I see they have plans to play it again. Please use it only for the classics. Let's not desicrate it by playing the modern slop.

417blues

Aug 1, 2012
Springfield
Great story! Looking forward to hearing that organ again; now all I need are some Old El Paso nachos and I'll be a kid at the Arena again.

SOMEWHAT OT* but organ-related: I always wanted to learn how to play Here Comes The King. Wikipedia for all its faults can sometimes include a decent bibliography and, in this case, it lists:

Here Comes the King (copyright 1971). Karmen, Steve. 'The Jingle Man' Music Folio Book. Hal Leonard, Milwaukee: 1980.

Does anyone have this book? Is the arrangement similar to the one used by Hayes or Boyer?

Alternately, do any music people on this board know of other published arrangements for organ/piano? I know that some college pep bands play this song so other arrangements must exist.

* attn: mods re: OT. This is my first post! I checked forum rules for off-topic posts so I think I'm okay, but if not, please direct me accordingly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad