Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Thanks for putting this up. I just came to read it and was about to start my own. Didn’t want to put myself out there and get grief for lack of effort. Anyway, you did a real crap job on it and you should be ashamed ;-)
Haha I thought whether I should post this zero effort OP, but that's why it's just a pre-game thread.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
When they make me believe, I seem to have all faith stolen the next game. I’m still super stoked to have had my first experience in a box for the last game. Obviously it’s following an 8-2 win but I’m feeling better about the play of almost everyone lately. Klefbom isn’t the complete tire fire and is getting it together a little. Pulju looks like a genuine asset and not just a place filler. The bottom 6 has a few players starting to step up. I’ll say again that I wish we had signed Nurse earlier because he’s looking great and what a fantastic pairing him and Larsson are. Man, they will just punish people paired together and I’d hate to be on the opposite team going into a corner against those boys.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
2 bad losses in a row from the Blues so I am expecting a very hard fought game. I simply think the Blues are too good to allow 3 losses in a row so I am expecting a very fun to watch 3-2 OT loss.

Team is on the uptick so I think they still manage a point tonight.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
2 bad losses in a row from the Blues so I am expecting a very hard fought game. I simply think the Blues are too good to allow 3 losses in a row so I am expecting a very fun to watch 3-2 OT loss.

Team is on the uptick so I think they still manage a point tonight.

Why does this not surprise me. Always about the other team, and never bout the oilers.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

Score more than three goals and win. That's all I'm asking.

had my hopes up the goal scoring would normalize after the Devils game and it didn't.
so I too hope for at least 3 goals by the oilers. (and a win)

and unless I'm mistaken, hasn't RNH been in on 30% of Edmonton goals this season?
that seems pretty awesome.
I think last year he was in on about 17%

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Why does this not surprise me. Always about the other team, and never bout the oilers.
every team that had a loss is going to be coming in fired up instead of in a slump

we have our best game of the year and instead of building on it we're gonna suck

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Let's go boys.

bandana.gif

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
This is my first game of the season in person so I'm hoping for an OT win, but I'm not expecting a win.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
This is a big one! A win here spells a turn around as far as I'm concerned.

Another afternoon game coming up Saturday, so we need a win tonight

sundaysleftovers

Feb 28, 2013
Saskatchewan
had my hopes up the goal scoring would normalize after the Devils game and it didn't.
so I too hope for at least 3 goals by the oilers. (and a win)

and unless I'm mistaken, hasn't RNH been in on 30% of Edmonton goals this season?
that seems pretty awesome.
I think last year he was in on about 17%

He is in on 100% of goals he is involved in! :laugh: Just messing around, in a good mood for this one. I think they pull out the win tonight! Cammalleri with a goal!

Go Oilers

#justwin

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Because this team hasnt really had 2 good games in a row? Had a 6-3 game and then got blown out the next game.

Had a single 2 game win streak but one of those games we absolutely shouldn't have won.

This team is definitely improving and I'm optimistic but against a top 3 team in the league I think they will out hustle us and there is nothing wrong with that

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Enjoyed watching my 2nd Oiler game of the year (and the offensive performance), but I'm not convinced they've turned it around yet, and the Blues will be hungry. 4-1 Blues.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Because this team hasnt really had 2 good games in a row? Had a 6-3 game and then got blown out the next game.

Had a single 2 game win streak but one of those games we absolutely shouldn't have won.

This team is definitely improving and I'm optimistic but against a top 3 team in the league I think they will out hustle us and there is nothing wrong with that

That doesn’t sound too optimistic to me

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
St Louis has been struggling lately and even though Allen is no 4th string goalie (he's been close against the Oilers though) this is a very good opportunity for the boys tonight. :nod:

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
This schedule is so unfair. It seems we keep getting teams that were just beaten by Calgary and looking to bounce back. Maybe the refs and schedulers have gotten together... they need Toronto to win the cup for the $$$.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
This schedule is so unfair. It seems we keep getting teams that were just beaten by Calgary and looking to bounce back. Maybe the refs and schedulers have gotten together... they need Toronto to win the cup for the $$$.

I've more so noticed that many teams are playing us and then Calgary on back-to-backs through Alberta, but haven't noticed it the other way around yet. I'm sure it will balance out eventually.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That doesn’t sound too optimistic to me
If this team had proven that they could bring it 2 games in a row I would think we could beat a top 3 team on a rough streak. Because they haven't I think right now they could beat most other teams on a night like tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad