Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
<b>Blues Make Statement to Western Conference Foes</b>
Hal Jaimet, St. Louis Post-Dispatch

With the flurry of major trades undertaken by the St. Louis Blues over the last six months, it seems the team has finally found the right combination of talent.

Here is a summary of the St. Louis Blues latest exploits:

- The team is on a 14 game winning streak, during which they’ve defeated many of the leagues’ top playoff contenders including San Jose (twice), Edmonton, Calgary and Detroit in the west, and the Islanders and Montreal in the East.

- They currently lead the league in such fundamental categories as scoring (168 goals), shots per game (31.0), and shots against per game (22.2), while boasting the league’s top power-play (21.7%).

- They are 21-4 on the road, already qualifying them for one of their endorsement deals at the mid-season point.

- In a recent statement game against the surprise team of the HFNHL season thus far, the Blues traveled to Vancouver and won 9-0 while out-shooting the Canucks 40-3. The teams play again in St. Louis tomorrow night

- The only major category the Blues are not amongst the elite, is goals against average (currently tied for 10th at 2.43 GAA). However, the Blues are moving up the rankings in this category quickly, having only given up 22 goals in their last 15 games.

- Joe Thornton is on a 23 game point scoring streak and currently leads the league in scoring with 72 points.

- The top line of Thornton, Pavol Demitra, and Dany Heatley are on pace to score 130 goals, an astounding average of more than 40 goals per line-mate.

- The Blues currently boast six of the top ten +/- leaders in Chris Pronger (+36), Thornton (+32), Demitra (+29), Heatley (+29), Brendan Witt (+28) and Zdeno Chara (+25).

<b>BLUES SIGNINGS:</b> The team also announced they have re-signed Pronger, Witt and Vincent Lecavalier to contract extensions. However it is believed the team is currently at a stalemate in terms of contract negotiations with Heatley, with the length of the Blues proposed contract extension remaining the main stumbling block.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Ohio Jones said:
Well Doctor, if HFNHL history holds true, that sounds like a surefire recipe for a first-round elimination! :yo:

Don't worry Douglas, I'm well aware of the President's Trophy Curse. The fact there aren't exactly any Western Conference title banners - let alone Stanley Cup banners - hanging from the rafters at the Kiel Center is also a clear reminder the Blues haven't accomplished jack as of yet.

I wonder whether we'll see a repeat of the Krueger Gambit this year where the Bruins schedule the Stanley Cup parade before the playoffs even start. I think the Bruins first round exit at the hands of the Flyers put an end to that strategy, but we won't know until playoffs I guess.

HFNHL Red Wings

To all Western Conference Teams:
PLease be advised that the first meeting of WRESTLE (Western Rivals Everywhere against ST. Louis' Evil) will be convening shortly.
This association is affiliated with the league wide movement known as BLUES (the Buggers LUck will be Ending Soon).

... thatnks for those Douglas

The first agenda item will be discussion around potential cracks in the Blues line-up and identification of a Guinea Pig to execute the new method of attack. I don't play him again until day 101 or I would do it.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Drew, you sound a bit like Edmund Burke, who once wrote,

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

I even think Burke was a Wings fan.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Drew, you sound a bit like Edmund Burke, who once wrote,

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

I even think Burke was a Wings fan.

As one of my fav cartoon once said,

"Earth! Water! Wind! Fire! Heart! By our powers combine, we have Captain Planet! GO PLANET!"

"Captain Planet he's our hero, he's gonna take these Blues down to zero..." :yo:

*Bops to the Captain Planet theme song* :yo: :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad