Blues Forum Resource Thread

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
don't have any suggestions right now but just want to say a big thanks for organizing this and the cap chart. great stuff from our whole mod team!

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
There are scads of useful numbers sites out there (advanced and otherwise), so a selection of the best ones might be a good addition.

Some scouting/prospect resources perhaps, although I'm not sure HF would be crazy about that. Have to think about that one.

Comprehensive draft pick/draft history/transaction trackers are always useful.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Maybe add Stltoday's Blues section? and Lou Korac's twitter feed?
Went directly to the Morning Skate section since I can't be linking to pages with a competing forum (even though we all know it is there).

Korac was a good one. Any other media suggestions out there? I'm way out of the social media loop. If it's not posted somewhere on HF, I don't see it.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Went directly to the Morning Skate section since I can't be linking to pages with a competing forum (even though we all know it is there).

Korac was a good one. Any other media suggestions out there? I'm way out of the social media loop. If it's not posted somewhere on HF, I don't see it.

I would suggest Norm Sanders with the Belleville News-Democrat

PowerPlaymaker42

May 23, 2014
Quincy, IL
I have a few twitter feeds to link as well. Dan Buffa (@buffa82), Jeff Ponder (@jponder94), St. Louis Game Time (@StLouisGameTime), Daniel Doelling (@Daniel_Doelling), Scottrade General (@The_STG)

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
Hockeydb is pretty good for keeping up with player stats IMO. It's also nice because you can look at drafts by team so easy link to all players drafted by the blues. This is great. I know modding can be a thankless job but I hope you guys know we appreciate the work you put in on here.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Thanks for the help and kind words. Credit to Bleedblue1223 and Alklha for getting the spreadsheet idea kick-started. :)

Added a bunch of the suggestions to the OP and some other things as they crossed my mind, and tweaked the formatting.

Also have updated the Salary Cap Tracker with a deadline cap addition tracker, some explanatory notes, and made it a bit more visually intuitive. I might try to add stuff on cap-recapture, buyouts, etc. as the topics become relevant to us, but for now I think it suits our purposes well enough.

Feel free to keep tossing out suggestions and thoughts as they come to you.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
One suggestion on your cap worksheet - I always found it helpful that CapGeek provided a contract count for each year and a calculation of the estimated cap space available per roster vacancy. Obviously there is a lot more depth to the issue given that some years you maybe be filling Top 6/Top 4 and others it will be the bottoms, but it gives a point of reference.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
This is excellent. Thank you to everyone involved for putting this together.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Added a second sheet to the Worksheet detailing contact counts and cap space utilization by year (broken down by position), and average cap space per roster vacancy.

Also added the list of who is on the 50 man roster. I believe the Blues are currently at 50 contracts. If someone could double-check this for accuracy, I would appreciate it.

Paul Stastny
Alexander Steen
David Backes
TJ Oshie
Patrik Berglund

Jori Lehtera
Steve Ott
Jaden Schwartz
Vladimir Tarasenko
Ryan Reaves

Chris Porter
Dmitrij Jaskin
Olli Jokinen
Marcel Goc
Alex Pietrangelo

Jay Bouwmeester
Kevin Shattenkirk
Barret Jackman
Carl Gunnarsson
Chris Butler

Zbynek Michalek
Petteri Lindbohm
Robert Bortuzzo
Brian Elliott
Jake Allen

Robby Fabbri
Ivan Barbashev
Ty Rattie
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson
Jordan Binnington

Joel Edmundson
Thomas Vannelli
Jani Hakanpaa
Yannick Veilleux
Zachary Pochiro

Niklas Lundstrom
Colin Fraser
Ryan Tesink
Dmitrii Sergeev
Philip McRae

David Shields
Sebastian Wannstrom
Cody Beach
Jacob Doty
John McCarthy

Brent Regner
Pat Cannone
Jeremy Welsh
Benn Ferriero
Adam Cracknell

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
So just out of idle curiosity, would a Jeff Tyni situation be impossible if they're already at 50?
Both an Amateur Try-Out (ATO) and a Professional Try-Out (PTO) do not count against the 50 man SPC (Standard Player Contract) limit, so there are options available.

16.14 Goaltender Professional Try-Out Agreement. In the event of, and to address, a last
minute injury that results in a Club not being able to dress two goaltenders for an NHL Game
and when the League has determined that effectuating a Recall is otherwise impossible (e.g., a
Recalled Player could not possibly have arrived in time to participate in the Game due to travel),
such Club may sign a goaltender to a PTO in accordance with Section 11.1(c) and subject to the
following provisions:
(a) The Club must file, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereto, a PTO Form attached
hereto as Exhibit 17-A.
(b) The Club shall have sufficient Payroll Room, equivalent to the amount necessary
to Recall a Player with an SPC that has an Averaged Amount equal to the Minimum Paragraph 1
NHL Salary.
(c) The Club may not use a PTO pursuant to this section in consecutive games.
(d) A Player signed to a PTO pursuant to this section will be paid US $500 per game
and will be allowed to keep his game-worn jersey. This amount will not be included in
calculating a Club's Actual Club Salary and Averaged Club Salary, and the Players' Share, for
purposes of Article 50.
(e) The Player must not have a current contractual obligation elsewhere. In addition,
the Player cannot terminate an existing contractual obligation to meet this requirement.
(f) In the event the Club is at the Active Roster limit, the Club may utilize a
Goaltender Exemption, and shall comply with the provisions of Section 16.13.

Amateur Try-Out Agreement. Notwithstanding Section 11.1(a) above, a Club
and an amateur Player will be permitted to execute the form Amateur Try-Out Agreement
("ATO") annexed hereto as Exhibit 17 under emergency conditions as set forth in Section
13.12(m)(ii). The Club shall submit to Central Registry and the NHLPA, in accordance with
Exhibit 3 hereto, an ATO form signed by the Club and the Player. The League shall use
reasonable efforts to approve and register, or reject, the ATO prior to the NHL Regular Season
Game in which the amateur Player is scheduled to play and shall provide notification of such
approval and registration or rejection forthwith to the NHLPA and the Club, and the Club in turn
shall notify the Player, in accordance with Exhibit 3. No Player shall play in an NHL Regular
Season Game pursuant to an ATO unless and until approved by the League.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Added a second sheet to the Worksheet detailing contact counts and cap space utilization by year (broken down by position), and average cap space per roster vacancy.

Also added the list of who is on the 50 man roster. I believe the Blues are currently at 50 contracts. If someone could double-check this for accuracy, I would appreciate it.

That list looks accurate to me. Great work on the spreadsheet.

So just out of idle curiosity, would a Jeff Tyni situation be impossible if they're already at 50?

As Easton said, PTO's don't count towards the 50 roster limit. Also, while we have 50 contracts we also currently have space for 3 more. Schmaltz will likely be signed this season to take us to 51.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->