Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
imo inthink brodz would be fine as a 3rd liner. he has actually been our 6th most efficient player in pount scorinb behind stasny butbthe drop off from stasny to brodz is still pretty big and brodz being 6th is more about how our other 3rd liners like berglund and sobotka have underperformed rather than about brodz being a top 6 player.

but with stastny gone i think brodz is our best option for rest of year as 2nd center.
It would depend on the team structure and depth. He's ideally a 4c but can play 3c fine. As for the Blues...it seems like everyone is slotted in just fine. If that means Brodziak is the 2c....kay

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I just got done watching the game from the beginning. Missed first 45mins due to work. Couple of takeaways.

What is going on with Jake Allen. He is playing great right now but he is going to have to find a way to not have such meltdowns mid season.

Barbashev has been outstanding the last few games, keep it up kid.

Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko need to stay together the rest of the season. They have generated more high end scoring chances together in the last 2 days than they had in the previous 10 games apart.

Brodziak is doing an amazing job filling in the top9 right now.

Tage Thompson needs to be sent back down. He just is not ready for full time NHL spot.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I just got done watching the game from the beginning. Missed first 45mins due to work. Couple of takeaways.

What is going on with Jake Allen. He is playing great right now but he is going to have to find a way to not have such meltdowns mid season.

Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko need to stay together the rest of the season. They have generated more high end scoring chances together in the last 2 days than they had in the previous 10 games apart.

Tage Thompson needs to be sent back down. He just is not ready for full time NHL spot.
That coincides with the whole team taking a giant shit during that period of time.

Reactions: Bendak

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Our team is scoring more than the league minimum again and we are winning. go figure...
Generic coach reply - "Y'know, we were bound to have bounces go our way. The guys have been working hard and they are getting rewarded for it."

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018

cant send down thompson at this point. Our only reserve forward is sundquist and he is statistically a worse scoring threat than thorburn. We cant have both sundquist and thorburn in our lineup.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
For whatever it's worth, Thompson sticking around and learning on the fly probably isn't the worst thing for his development. Also, I imagine part of his rough stretch might be fatigue. This was his first full season of Pro Hockey after all.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
4IX1Avr.gif

good game!!! :D

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I’m home alone and everytime I do something, I keep looking around, afraid that Bendak might be watching ready to “like” it!!
Bendak LIKES reading posts about Blues' hockey. Which makes his visits to this forum pleasurable. Nothing wrong with that.

Positive reactions on an Internet public forum are better than troll-like behaviour. If I were to end up in The Hockey Forum Poster Hall of Fame because he'd like 99.5% of my posts, and, because of that, I am not remembered for posting on the wrong thread 50 million times, I won't complain! :popcorn:

Last edited:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Bendak LIKES reading posts about Blues' hockey. Which makes his visits to this forum pleasurable. Nothing wrong with that.

Positive reactions on an Internet public forum are better than troll-like behaviour. If I were to end up in The Hockey Forum Poster Hall of Fame because he liked because he'd like 99.5% of my posts, and, because of that, I am not remembered for posting on the wrong thread 50 million times, I won't complain! :popcorn:

Robb you just gave me an idea.

We need an HFBoards poster half of fame.

I nominate Robb_K

@EastonBlues22 lets get on this!

:D

Bendak

Jedi Use Hacks
Apr 5, 2013
St. Louis
If Bendak likes your post in the GDT, but it happens hours after the game ended, did it really happen??

I’m home alone and everytime I do something, I keep looking around, afraid that Bendak might be watching ready to “like” it!!

Positive reactions on an Internet public forum are better than troll-like behaviour. If I were to end up in The Hockey Forum Poster Hall of Fame because he liked because he'd like 99.5% of my posts, and, because of that, I am not remembered for posting on the wrong thread 50 million times, I won't complain! :popcorn:

tenor.gif

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
If Bendak likes your post in the GDT, but it happens hours after the game ended, did it really happen??

There was some good insight like this near the end of the detroit game too. go habs
and vincenzo arrelliti's goal should stand for goty. go yotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->