Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
The reality is the Pacific division question might not matter. Also, Colorado at this second scares me more then Dallas. Really, all we can do is win some games and let things fall were they may. Chances are, it's 5 central teams and 3 Pacific, so we need to get that 5th central team spot.

lol SJ lets another in but scored another. Man we need a 1 point effort here. God that pitiful effort is so confusing in SJ, with how well they played tonight and in LA now

Reactions: Bendak

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
The reality is the Pacific division question might not matter. Also, Colorado at this second scares me more then Dallas. Really, all we can do is win some games and let things fall were they may. Chances are, it's 5 central teams and 3 Pacific, so we need to get that 5th central team spot.

Yeah, looks like finishing 5th is the ticket, so Thursday is big.

Operation Tank is called off. I repeat, Operation Tank is called off.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Glad to see Barbie and Sosh get a little chemistry going, those are two players I wanted to see on the same line. Now just get somebody other than Thorburn on their line. Thorbs had a good game tonight tho.

I’d like to see Tage on that line, he seems to be a good fit since the other two have been driving the offense. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Blais or Bennett brought back up again as well. Maybe go with something like this, and keep the running four lines wheel rolling?

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Steen-Sobotka-Blais/Beau
Soshnikov-Barbashev-Thompson
Jaskin-Brodziak-Berglund

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018

Attachments

• stlbfwds20180312.PNG
    stlbfwds20180312.PNG
    90.7 KB · Views: 12

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
I doubt he hits the ground running as a 2c. Blues will most likely bring on a guy on a 2yr deal

ya I know thats whats scary is the market is so crappy for centers I'm not sure who would even fit unless you bring back Stastny for cheaper 4mil or something

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
What would that be if they switched lines?
thats true, i cant calculate that. while brodziak was usually paired with upshall who is 7th on the team and doing decent, its nothing like being paired with tarasenko, and brodz also has to deal with being paired with thorburn and jaskin.

He also doesnt get powerplay time- although our powerplay doesnt seem to help our players with points per 60. But brodziak also spends a lot of minutes on penalty kill which makes it more difficult to score points

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
What would their point totals be in a role reversal?
How is anyone supposed to answer that?

Brodziak has been a bottom-6 player all throughout his career and Stastny has been a top-6 player throughout his career. There are no points of symmetry between the two, so there is no discernable way to rationalize an answer.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Per the “player score” list I posted in the Trade forum, Brodziak rates very, very highly. Again, that list favors guys with less ice time, but Brodz has been playing great this season, and so has Upshall for that matter. For most of the season, they’ve been producing what our 3rd line should have been doing. We’re fortunate to have them both here.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
This Brodziak vs Stastny comparison is absurd guys. Brodz is playing great right now and hopefully he can keep it up! It’s not like he’s a bad player, heck he even scored 20 once. But cmon. Let’s not kid ourselves, Stastny is a much better caliber of player.

I’m just trying to enjoy how well Brodziak is playing without comparing him to anyone.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Wow back to back wins! Way to go Blues! I still think we'll finish a couple points out of a playoff spot but prove me wrong and it was nice seeing two wins in a row again.

tenor.gif

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Way to go boys!!!! Forget about Armstrong, we'll do it ourselves!!!!! Sammy Blais with a hat trick tonight for Rampage ------ bring him up! Go Blues!!!!
And how bout Schmaltz? Kids got game IMO, lot of potential there.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Mike, all I can do is tell you there is a reason Stastny is a top 6 center and Brodziak is a 4th liner. Nothing wrong with that either.
imo inthink brodz would be fine as a 3rd liner. he has actually been our 6th most efficient player in pount scorinb behind stasny butbthe drop off from stasny to brodz is still pretty big and brodz being 6th is more about how our other 3rd liners like berglund and sobotka have underperformed rather than about brodz being a top 6 player.

but with stastny gone i think brodz is our best option for rest of year as 2nd center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad