Blues Board Predictions 2017-2018

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
Stastny in a contract year centering Tarasenko for the full year goes 20+60 for 80 points
Tarasenko breaks 50 goal mark.
Parayko passes Petro and gets 60 points, loses to Karlsson for the Norris.
Kostin makes the team out of camp, scores 20 goals and wins Calder
Dallas and St. Louis battle for top spot in the Central. Wind up tied, and Bettman awards the Central to Chicago.
Schenn scores 30 goals. 22 on the PP.

Shattenkirk moves into his childhood house in New Rochelle (did you know thats where he was from?)
Shattenkirk also scores 20 goals, but finishes -20.
Reaves scores 10 goals in Pittsburgh.
Lehtera scores 15 goals for Philly, and centers their number 2 line, finishing with + 40 points.
Perron is dealt to Montreal at the deadline, adding to his authentic jersey collection.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Stastny in a contract year centering Tarasenko for the full year goes 20+60 for 80 points
Dallas and St. Louis battle for top spot in the Central. Wind up tied, and Bettman awards the Central to Chicago.

Shattenkirk moves into his childhood house in New Rochelle (did you know thats where he was from?)
Lehtera scores 15 goals for Philly, and centers their number 2 line, finishing with + 40 points.
Perron is dealt to Montreal at the deadline, adding to his authentic jersey collection.

:laugh:
giphy.gif

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I just simmed a season in NHL 17. And Tarasenko won the Art Ross with 104 points and 66 goals. Stastny put up 86 and Yakupov 91. So there's my prediction; the Blues just need to reacquire Yakupov.

Except Nashville still won the Cup.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Yeo loves him some vets, so I'm like 99% sure Paajarvi, Brodziak, and Bortuzzo will play at least 70% of the games for which they're healthy.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Is this the same Yeo that started Barbashev on the first line and healthy scratched Lehtera? Just wondering.

The difference being that no one could reasonably say that Lehtera was fulfilling his role as a top-6 center, whereas the others (fourth liners and a bottom-pairing defensemen) have vastly lower expectations that they're almost certain to meet.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
The difference being that no one could reasonably say that Lehtera was fulfilling his role as a top-6 center, whereas the others (fourth liners and a bottom-pairing defensemen) have vastly lower expectations that they're almost certain to meet.

Weak argument. I find it easier to reject the postulate that Yeo has some unusual loyalty to veterans to the detriment of the team. That's BS.

Even if you could point to a past situation where you believe he did this, I think he's grown as a coach since then. And I'm not convinced we have a full enough picture of the past situation to know the whole story.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

We're gonna score 1000 goals apparently but still be fighting for first place in the central?

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
We're gonna score 1000 goals apparently but still be fighting for first place in the central?

Not sure where 1000 comes from. Because I am saying 4 out of our top 6 will score about half our teams goals this year, based upon the 235 we scored last year. And I do expect there to be an uptick in goals this year from last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->