Half-Assed GDT: Blues at Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Steen gives it his all most nights. It's the team as a whole that looks more like 5 individual on ice doing different things. When I see rushes now there is often very little support. We are out of sync. Something is wrong. Maybe Yeo is toying with the lines too much and this "internal competition" is breaking the team play down.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
You know, I would like to post some witty post mimicking Ajax and the like for their "sky is falling" posts, but I actually can't think of anything to say. Honestly, it's just fun to read people meltdown at a losing streak and act like this is the team we will see from now until always.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
No worries.

This not some 3 game losing streak of bad luck. It's 3 games of disorganized, half hearted play. Something happened to this team. Not sure what, but if they don't fix this, they should make this a rebuild year. Why waste our time with feckless hockey?

These points in Nov/Dec count just as much as the points in March/April. And if they can't get pumped to play division rivals or leaders like the Kings, then they need a serious gut check.

Just for some perspective, we are 10+ points up on the worst 8 teams in hockey. 9+ points up 9th and 10th worst. With 36 points banked already, just 50 points in our last 55 games would put us at 86 points. That was good for the 9th overall pick last year. 50 points in 55 games is a pace of .91 standings points per game. Buffalo and Detroit both outpaced that last year and only 4 teams were worse than that. We would have to literally be a bottom 5 team from here on out to get a pick towards the end of the top 10. This team quite literally can't tank without trading 2 of Tarasenko, Petro, Schenn, Schwartz, Allen, or Parayko. This roster is too good to play significantly worse than the large majority of Buffalo, Arizona, Philly, Detroit, Florida, Ottawa, Colorado, Carolina, Boston, and Edmonton.

Do points in October suddenly not count as much as the points in Nov/Dec or March? Using your 'every game is equally important' logic, look at what we have done so far this year. We're 4th in the NHL and were the best team in the league up until about a week ago. But now after 3 games we should just accept that the team is terrible and should tank?

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Just for some perspective, we are 10+ points up on the worst 8 teams in hockey. 9+ points up 9th and 10th worst. With 36 points banked already, just 50 points in our last 55 games would put us at 86 points. That was good for the 9th overall pick last year. 50 points in 55 games is a pace of .91 standings points per game. Buffalo and Detroit both outpaced that last year and only 4 teams were worse than that. We would have to literally be a bottom 5 team from here on out to get a pick towards the end of the top 10. This team quite literally can't tank without trading 2 of Tarasenko, Petro, Schenn, Schwartz, Allen, or Parayko. This roster is too good to play significantly worse than the large majority of Buffalo, Arizona, Philly, Detroit, Florida, Ottawa, Colorado, Carolina, Boston, and Edmonton.

Do points in October suddenly not count as much as the points in Nov/Dec or March? Using your 'every game is equally important' logic, look at what we have done so far this year. We're 4th in the NHL and were the best team in the league up until about a week ago. But now after 3 games we should just accept that the team is terrible and should tank?
Woah woah woah there buddy.

That sounds like logic and reasoning based on historical and statistical evidence that doesn't boil down to "this number is less than this number, so that means this player is a scrub". Let me tell you on behalf of the "Super Hysterical Individuals Targeting Hivemind Endeavors And Distinctions" that everything you have said is a valid opinion, but it is dumb and you are also dumb for believing it.

Now please leave us to belittle professional athletes for undergoing natural cycles of win and loss found in sports because they aren't showing effort.

(I really felt I needed to be sarcastic for today, so bear with me)

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

That sounds like logic and reasoning based on historical and statistical evidence that doesn't boil down to "this number is less than this number, so that means this player is a scrub". Let me tell you on behalf of the "Super Hysterical Individuals Targeting Hivemind Endeavors And Distinctions" that everything you have said is a valid opinion, but it is dumb and you are also dumb for believing it.

Now please leave us to belittle professional athletes for undergoing natural cycles of win and loss found in sports because they aren't showing effort.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

How does one become a "Super Hysterical Individuals Targeting Hivemind Endeavors And Distinctions"? Is there a membership application? Fee? BTW, that's a mouthful. You should really look for a nickname. Maybe shorten it into an acronym or something.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
How does one become a "Super Hysterical Individuals Targeting Hivemind Endeavors And Distinctions"? Is there a membership application? Fee? BTW, that's a mouthful. You should really look for a nickname. Maybe shorten it into an acronym or something.

In all seriousness, thank you for pointing out part of the joke that I missed. That's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad