Gomez - 4
Brodziak - 3
Ott - 3
Gunnarsson - 3
Lehtera - 2
Lindbohm - 1
Reaves - 1
Edmundson - 1

First star is worth 3, second star is worth 2, and third star is worth 1.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Thanks for making the thread Easton.

Fabbri
Elliott
Backes

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Elliot, Fabbri, Pietro (but truthfully I wanted to put everyone on the PK as they did an awesome job at the end)

Would have been Backes but a captain can't put his team in that spot, even if it was unintentional.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
1. Elliott
2. Pietrangelo
3. Berglund

Pietro was all over the place, this team is nothing without him. Berglund played very strong game. Beasting and feasting with puck, possession machine.

Note: Gunnar always blow it at end of 3rd. He's easily our weakest link on d-pairs.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Elliot, Fabbri, Pietro (but truthfully I wanted to put everyone on the PK as they did an awesome job at the end)

Would have been Backes but a captain can't put his team in that spot, even if it was unintentional.

Thornton was giving The Blues cheap shots all game. Backes needed to show The Sharks that The Blues aren't going to sit and take that. His stick's blade hitting the man in the face was a piece of bad luck he couldn't foresee. He played a super game other than that bit of bad luck. That doesn't undo it. Same for Gunnarsson's bad luck on his flipping clear that went over the boards. He played a super game, as well. I can't begrudge him credit for that one bit of bad luck. If it weren't for each of The Blues playing 110& last night, they'd have lost last night, and probably lost any chance to pass Dallas for The Central crown, as they have a significantly more easy schedule.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Thornton was giving The Blues cheap shots all game. Backes needed to show The Sharks that The Blues aren't going to sit and take that. His stick's blade hitting the man in the face was a piece of bad luck he couldn't foresee. He played a super game other than that bit of bad luck. That doesn't undo it. Same for Gunnarsson's bad luck on his flipping clear that went over the boards. He played a super game, as well. I can't begrudge him credit for that one bit of bad luck. If it weren't for each of The Blues playing 110& last night, they'd have lost last night, and probably lost any chance to pass Dallas for The Central crown, as they have a significantly more easy schedule.

I think this isn't Thornton's usual style, but its his way of responding to having a couple guys injured by illegal hits by the Blues over the past couple years. I completely understand why San Jose would think of the Blues as a dirty team, even though to me those hits have been outside the norm for St Louis. So anyway, I don't much fault Thornton for playing this way last night, but I hope he got it out of his system. He's a player that I like, and I don't usually see him pulling that kind of stuff.

BluesTraveller

Mar 5, 2012
St Louis
I think this isn't Thornton's usual style, but its his way of responding to having a couple guys injured by illegal hits by the Blues over the past couple years. I completely understand why San Jose would think of the Blues as a dirty team, even though to me those hits have been outside the norm for St Louis. So anyway, I don't much fault Thornton for playing this way last night, but I hope he got it out of his system. He's a player that I like, and I don't usually see him pulling that kind of stuff.

Like Thornton has never knocked anyone out for a long time with a questionable hit?

BluesTraveller

Mar 5, 2012
St Louis
Even Perron was quoted at that time as saying Thornton is not a dirty player. But he was last night. I'm just saying I think it was provoked and it was him trying to answer the Reaves hit, etc.

Well, what he did to Fabbri wasn't just dirty, it was a move that a little ***** makes.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Even Perron was quoted at that time as saying Thornton is not a dirty player. But he was last night. I'm just saying I think it was provoked and it was him trying to answer the Reaves hit, etc.
Was that Thornton's first suspension? It was also Reaves' first so he can't really say he's a dirty player either.

I think you do have a point here, although Thornton definitely isn't an innocent player. He's gotten away with stuff against plenty of teams. And a few things have happened from each side in the history of these two teams so if he's mad about that he's probably a pretty big baby. I wouldn't see how the Lapierre hit on Boyle is even relevant anymore when neither player is even playing on these teams.

I'll get great satisfaction out of seeing the Sharks lose. I would empathize with them but nah, their fans are annoying and try to insult the Blues for being paper tigers as if they have room to talk, and they probably loved Thornton's game and hated Backes for blowing him up. But everyone knows if Backes was the one spearing guys he'd be a goon and Thornton would be a hero for checking him. It gets old.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015

That is very plausible. In a way his attention to being more physical benefited the Blues as he was thinking less about scoring as he was hitting.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
With the shoe on the other foot, we would have demanded the Blues to answer a hit like the one from Reaves. I don't think either player is dirty, but Thornton was pulling stuff last night that would change my opinion of him if it was all the time.

Bottom line is that I think the Blues are in the Sharks heads a little bit. Nothing will come of it, though, and I like the Sharks. I hope they win in the playoffs against their division, but I doubt they'll manage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad