Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Strong disagree that Buchnevich/Schenn should never play C again. Schenn in particular struggled last year but is 1 year removed from being more than adequate. To write him off completely seems foolish IMO. If we want to keep Buch at C then a full offseason + training camp + preseason to acclimate may lead to better results. I think the chances of 1 or both of Buch/Schenn playing adequate at C next season is higher than Monahan not dealing with more injuries in the 3+ years it would likely take to sign him.

Regardless, here is my main point: "good enough" center group depends on what the goal is.

Contend for a cup? Of course not.

Content for a playoff spot? It was good enough to be close this year, may or may not be good enough to make it next year.

Insulate prospects like Dvorsky? I think it is.
Saying Schenn is adequate is silly. His defensive game has completely fallen off and now his offensive game is falling off. If you are happy going into next season with Schenn as your 2C your team is going to fail. He, and Buch, play the best as winger. Play them to their strengths. Get a 2C that compliments the wingers, Schenn as C paired with any of our top wingers does not work. If we won't our young players to flourish stop trying to force something that isn't going to work.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I’d still rather get Karlsson for cheap over Duchene or Monahan. Go get a guy that’s great defensively, so we can ease some of Thomas’ minutes.

Neighbours-Thomas-Kyrou
Saad-Karlsson-Buchnevich
Bolduc-Hayes(until Dvo is ready)-Schenn
Toropchenko-Dean/UFA-Sundqvist
Walker, TBD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad