OT: Blue Jays/MLB 2019 season

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Quite a sequence by Pillar in the game today, hits a single and proceeds to steal 3 bases including home to get the insurance run in the 8th.
That was fun to watch. Bettances looked awful in that inning. I don’t know how many times you need to be told to wake up and pay attention before you wake up and pay attention. :laugh:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
And people wonder why I hate the Jays.

I guess they'll be having the room filled with plastic and having a champagne celebration tonight.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
More late inning heroics today, Smoak with a 2 run HR in the 7th and a slam in the 8th for a nice comeback win. Hard to be upset with a split against the Yankees to start the year.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Jays haven't had someone like Solarte since Kawasaki.
And he’s looked good on the field too. I’m the first to admit I didn’t know much about him other than what I’ve seen in box scores. I don’t recall ever seeing him play with the Padres and I don’t remember him with the Yankees so I didn’t know what to expect from him. So far he looks like a nice addition.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Phacking Jays. Who the hell is this Kowalski guy you speak of.:D

Yankees vaunted bullpen burps out a loss. Waste of some nice pitching by hardluck Sonny Gray.

I think I puked in my mouth this afternoon a few times.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

I might have to get a Solarte jersey with my Kawasaki jersey.

I called the grand slam after the walked Donaldson. Terrible decision to walk him. Even though Donaldson is a good hitter, with his shoulder he would have been the better one to pitch to.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
My condolences to your wife then. ;)

Wife wasn't around, so she never heard the colorful language and new words being used in the family room this aft.

Enjoy your Kowalski and Solfarte jerseys. I'm sure they will be highly sought after collector items some day.,

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Phacking Jays. Who the hell is this Kowalski guy you speak of.:D

Yankees vaunted bullpen burps out a loss. Waste of some nice pitching by hardluck Sonny Gray.

I think I puked in my mouth this afternoon a few times.

To be fair, Robertson got Boone'd today.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
3-2 to start the season. I didn’t see this coming, especially after the first two games. Gives me something to look forward to watching every night as I’m not interested in the NHL playoffs after the Oilers dog of a season.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
3-2 to start the season. I didn’t see this coming, especially after the first two games. Gives me something to look forward to watching every night as I’m not interested in the NHL playoffs after the Oilers dog of a season.

Nobody saw it coming.

Baseball is the most common among the big four sports to get crazy surprises from teams.

The Jays could get off to a real solid start. The White Sox are brutal. Texas and Baltimore aren't very good either.

9-4 before they play a good team again would be a solid start.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
It’s only five games into the season so I’m not suggesting good things are going to happen for this team but it’s encouraging after last years start. Baseball’s season is so long that it’s really hard to predict what’ll happen. You never know when somebody is going to come out of nowhere and have a good year. If it happens to a few guys you can have a good year. Like I said before, I’m as big of a Jays fan as I am an Oilers fan so I’ll be watching anyway. Just nice to see them get some wins already.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Literally every move Shapkins made this offseason has turned to gold so far, but it's very very early.

Solarte, Diaz, Garcia - all having major impacts on games.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
14-5? What the what?

fwiw the AL Central could be one of the worst divisions in MLB history...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->