Rumor: Blue Jackets willing to retain salary in cap dumps (Hartnell, Tyutin, Boll, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Hope the Canes are in on Hartnell. Seems to me he fits the missing top-6 piece that Ron Francis has been talking about.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Have to wonder how long Davidson and Kekalainen hold on there. Jarmo has done a poor job.

Well, all their successor would have to do is survive 3 years of cap hell, and then boom, you've got a well developed young team.

JD and GMJK have done piss poor on a few things, but have flourished on drafting developing our young talent. Once this team survives its cap hell, they have all of the pieces but a #1 center, and by that time, PLD, Wennberg, and Jenner will be 21, 24, and 26 respectively, Seth Jones, Ryan Murray, and Zach Werenski will be 24, 26, and 21 respectively. Saad will still be in the beginning years of his prime. And I haven't even mentioned Oliver Bjorkstrand, who is one hell of a prospect.

This team is so young. Once these guys enter their primes they will be a very strong club.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
tomorrow is the last day for buyout, so they will need to push really hard!!

I'd actually take Hartnell in OTT, I've always loved the guy. That dates back to NHL2003, where players use to have hammers besides their name :laugh:

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
In doing the math, if Montreal offers Desharnais (and a pick) for Hartnell and Boll...

CBJ saves $2.95M this year and 4.75M the next 2 years... 12.45M total

Compared to many offers of Hartnell with retention (let's say @3M per) for a pick...

CBJ saves 3M per year over the next 3 yrs... 9M total

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jarmo just said he wouldn't rule out another buyout. Not that its certain, but the brain trust is still thinking.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Boll would be my bet.

Don't buy out Hartsy. Don't buy out Clarkson (minimal savings).

If they buy out Hartnell or package a piece that's worth more than a 3rd, then that's another move I'd disagree with. Max is to retain salary to get Hartnell moved or to include the 3rd round pick with him. Anything more and I'd rather they keep him for the year (maybe move at TDL).

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
My money is in Boll, nobody else makes sense, maybe Campbell if they think PLD is ready.

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
Srsly, CBJ should have just traded #3 and Hartnell to VAN for #5 and Hansen.

They'd have dumped salary, gotten PLD anyway and gotten a useful and affordable player. Vancouver could still use Hartnell, saved overpaying on Lucic, and have gotten Puju.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Srsly, CBJ should have just traded #3 and Hartnell to VAN for #5 and Hansen.

They'd have dumped salary, gotten PLD anyway and gotten a useful and affordable player. Vancouver could still use Hartnell, saved overpaying on Lucic, and have gotten Puju.

From the sound of things, it seems like Vancouver had PLD 3rd on their draft list. That's why a swap past 4 wasn't feasible.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
How many more years does Hartnell have on his current deal? If it's 2 or less, I could certainly see interest from CAR. What would CLB be looking for in return?

However, I think I've seen mention of some sort of NMC that Hartnell has with his current deal, and I doubt CAR would be one of his desired locations...

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
How many more years does Hartnell have on his current deal? If it's 2 or less, I could certainly see interest from CAR. What would CLB be looking for in return?

However, I think I've seen mention of some sort of NMC that Hartnell has with his current deal, and I doubt CAR would be one of his desired locations...

3 years and an NMC.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Honestly, Carolina seems like it could be a desired location in general, wouldn't be surprised if Hartsy is open to going there. Good location, good young team with a solid D-corp who could surprise a lot of people the next few years.

I think a 2nd or 3rd round pick is fair value at the moment, taking into account the expansion draft. Maybe Rask instead of a pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad