Rumor: Blue Jackets willing to retain salary in cap dumps (Hartnell, Tyutin, Boll, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Wasn't it pretty obvious weeks and weeks ago that the Blue Jackets would have to retain salary to trade those guys?

Mad Brills*

Hartnell I could see quite a few teams be interested in at a retained cost.

The rest?

Good luck.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Is it allowed to retain salary for only a portion of a contract? Like if a guy's signed for 3 years, a team retains 50% of the salary but only for 1 of those 3 years, and the rest is the full cap hit.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Not sure what Hartnell has to do with the other guys other than being as likely go get moved, if not more so.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Is it allowed to retain salary for only a portion of a contract? Like if a guy's signed for 3 years, a team retains 50% of the salary but only for 1 of those 3 years, and the rest is the full cap hit.

No. Its even retention for the life of the contract every year

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
There will probably be more interest in Hartnell after UFA period opens and some teams miss out on the forwards they're targeting. The other two ... no sorry, those are buy-outs.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
He is. And the team should just buy out Tyutin. This move is just stupid.

Everything Columbus does is stupid to you.

You would say it is stupid if they retain some salary in a trade involving Hartnell.
You would say it is stupid if they didn't retain some salary in a trade involving Hartenll.
You would say it is stupid if they kept Hartnell.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Everything Columbus does is stupid to you.

You would say it is stupid if they retain some salary in a trade involving Hartnell.
You would say it is stupid if they didn't retain some salary in a trade involving Hartenll.
You would say it is stupid if they kept Hartnell.
No. I think it's stupid to retain salary on Hartnell. I also think it was stupid to pass on Puljujarvi.

That's about it at the moment.

I've defended Jarmo in the past, but some of his moves sure have been head scratchers. It's only fair to question things from a GM who has piloted his team to 27th in the league but 5th in cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad