Pre-Game Talk: Blue Jackets @ Maple Leafs | Wednesday 7:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
LETS GOOOOO!

A team we never seem to do well against, but we are red hot lately and they are struggling. They also play the Islanders today too so we may see their backup in net tomorrow unless they decide to start Korpisalo vs Islanders and Bobrovsky vs us, but they will have tired legs regardless.

nonikhanna

Feb 9, 2011
Maple Tree
LETS GOOOOO!

A team we never seem to do well against, but we are red hot lately and they are struggling. They also play the Islanders today too so we may see their backup in net tomorrow unless they decide to start Korpisalo vs Islanders and Bobrovsky vs us, but they will have tired legs regardless.
Islanders will face Bobrovsky for sure. Both those teams are tied in points at 9,10. Blue Jackets would wanna win that 4 point game more than winning against us.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Columbus plays tonight and Tomorrow, which means they are going to be on a back to back,, the Leafs are the fresher team, they should win this game and sweep this home stand

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I actually wouldnt mind martin coming in for this one. Sit Moore, Move Komorov to center and roll a 4th line of Martin Komorov Kappy

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Islanders will face Bobrovsky for sure. Both those teams are tied in points at 9,10. Blue Jackets would wanna win that 4 point game more than winning against us.
we're probably facing korpisalo, not that it will make a difference tbh

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Korpisalo always owns us. Honestly Id rather face Bobrovsky.

We need to beat this team. Theyve become our new Buffalo circa 2000-2015

Korpisalo is 4-1 lifetime against the Leafs with a .939sv% and a 2.20GAA.

Korpisalo also has ridiculous stats against the Islanders, so they may start him against the Isles and save their #1 goalie for the stronger team (us).

Even then, Bobrovsky is 9-3-0 with a .939sv% and a 2.00GAA against us.

So either way, we'll need a strong performance.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't buy the tired excuse for teams on a back-to-back. Fans make too much of it. Pro athletes can handle playing on a back-to-back no problem. I certainly don't think we should beat them because they are "tired".

Yes they are pro athletes, but come on back to backs, specially on the road is a ridiculous challenge. Often times the game doesn't even finish until 10- 10:30pm. Players then rush to the airport and dont get to the next city until 2-3am. I get that there living conditions and travel conditions are top notch, but physically their bodies are still being put through the ringer

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Hope the Jackets are tired out from tonight. Already have 50 shots on the Isles with 8 min still to go.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
We have two superstars that have struggled most of the season. Breaking out. We called up a guy that is now our top dman. We called up the fastest player in the NHL/AHL. We will crush them.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Take care of business tonight, like they should because they are better than this team, if you do that, you will keep ace with Boston and move to within 4 points of Tampa.

The division is within reach just need to keep winning ad slowly keep closing the distance , because if you keep winning eventually the teams ahead of you will lose a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad