Post-Game Talk: Blue Jackets @ Caps, 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Seriously, can this person skate? I like her compete level.

His compete level. And nimble feet for such impressive girth. Maybe he can play goalie.

this-woman-hulks-out-throwing-a-table-and-catching-a-folding-chair-in-mid-air-no-idea-whats-going-on-23441.gif

i used to think one of the greatest publicity stunts ever would have been Mike Tyson lacing up the skates for one game at MSG for a game vs the Flyers. Yes, he would wear boxing gloves. #hungover

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Very low expectations on this one.

I hope it gets physical so maybe we'll atleast see some kind of effort level.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Very low expectations on this one.

I hope it gets physical so maybe we'll atleast see some kind of effort level.

If there's no effort level on this one then just close the curtains and blow some shit up this summer. If they can't feel the immense sense of urgency now having lost G1, at home, facing going back to Columbus being down 2-0, with Trotz's (and other's) jobs on the line, on the brink of another early playoff exit then there's no hope it'll ever change.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
If there's no effort level on this one then just close the curtains and blow some **** up this summer. If they can't feel the immense sense of urgency now having lost G1, at home, facing going back to Columbus being down 2-0, with Trotz's (and other's) jobs on the line, on the brink of another early playoff exit then there's no hope it'll ever change.

That is how i felt before last years Game 7 and they completely tanked that game.

Reactions: calicapsfan

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Close victory please. Nothing for them to rally round like PIT/PHI.

Hard worked win to remind them what it takes

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
That is how i felt before last years Game 7 and they completely tanked that game.

I wonder if things would have been different if Kuznetsov didn't whiff on a wide open tip from Shattenkirk's shot-pass or if Winnick didn't shoot the puck 6 feet high and wide on his breakaway. Same thing with Ovechkin's breakaway back in 2010. They've had opportunities early in those games to establish a little positive momentum and didn't, and it felt like the weight of the situation got heavier as the game went on and opportunities were missed. Then again, Ovechkin scored first in G7 against the Rangers in 2015 and they still blew it that year, so... yeah.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I expect this to be a litmus test for the next couple of weeks. Win today and they should be back on track against a weak opponent (yes, CBJ sucks). Lose and we might as well start booking tee times.

Reactions: calicapsfan

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
With Gruby in net, I have 0 confidence of us winning the game. I don’t understand what people see in him, he’s just a backup who was on a hot streak, happens all the time.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
With Gruby in net, I have 0 confidence of us winning the game. I don’t understand what people see in him, he’s just a backup who was on a hot streak, happens all the time.
Tell that to Pittsburgh and Matt Murray. A backup with a hot streak that now has two Stanley Cup rings, one of which he was a huge part of

Reactions: StrikingDistance

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Tell that to Pittsburgh and Matt Murray. A backup with a hot streak that now has two Stanley Cup rings, one of which he was a huge part of

Murray has way better PO stats than Gruby in a much larger sample size. No team can win a series when the goalie allows 3.5 goals per game, which is Gruby’s playoff GAA.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Murray has way better PO stats than Gruby in a much larger sample size. No team can win a series when the goalie allows 3.5 goals per game, which is Gruby’s playoff GAA.
Murray got the net with zero playoff starts and was a huge reason the Penguins won their first of back to back cups. Your argument has zero merit

Reactions: StrikingDistance

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Vrana scratched. LOL. This team.

Called this one. I knew Trotz would go with the plodding, useless, "heavy" line up against CBJ because why ice a lineup that helps you dictate pace of play when you can just let Tortarella suck you into the slow-moving, suckfest brand of hockey he wants to initiate? Let the other team dictate terms and hope you get the bounces. Playoff Trotz, ladies and gentlemen... as if there was ever any doubt. Later, Barry.

4-2 Columbus.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Called this one. I knew Trotz would go with the plodding, useless, "heavy" line up against CBJ because why ice a lineup that helps you dictate pace of play when you can just let Tortarella suck you into the slow-moving, suckfest brand of hockey he wants to initiate? Let the other team dictate terms and hope you get the bounces. Playoff Trotz, ladies and gentlemen... as if there was ever any doubt. Later, Barry.

4-2 Columbus.

Can’t wait to hire AV once Trotz is gone after getting swept by Columbus. At least he plays an uptempo style.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Scratching Vrana is LITERALLY the opposite of what we need to do. Trotz is indeed a caveman. Vrana had a few turnovers so Trotz, and I'm assuming a few posters on this board who seem to be related to him, see that as reason enough to scratch him.

Even with those turnovers Vrana was one of our three most dangerous players.

3 players that the Jackets seemed to have no answer for, Kuzy, Bura, and Vrana. Now what the hell do those guys have in common?

I mean Vrana used his deadly speed to gift wrap DSP a goal. I bet when Vrana asked why he was scratched instead of DSP Trotz replied, "Well, he scored a goal.:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->