OT: Blue Bombers Thread 2.0 - Home Playoff Game, Nov 12, 330PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
At this point, is losing Leggett not the season? I suppose Calgary could crumble like they did against Ottawa in the GC but without Mo Leggett, the odds of us getting past them are not good (if we even make it past others in the playoffs).

Reactions: Guerzy

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
We needed some luck I think to beat cgy or least some breaks before the injuries

To me I can't see this D holding back CGY. Improve that next year this is the best team in the league.

Never know what will happen in this league should be a fun ride.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
We needed some luck I think to beat cgy or least some breaks before the injuries

To me I can't see this D holding back CGY. Improve that next year this is the best team in the league.

Never know what will happen in this league should be a fun ride.
Yup.....its the CFL so you never know. But, gotta say this isn't good as I dont think we have the horses.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
At this point, is losing Leggett not the season? I suppose Calgary could crumble like they did against Ottawa in the GC but without Mo Leggett, the odds of us getting past them are not good (if we even make it past others in the playoffs).

One game playoffs are unpredictable. Leggett hurts, so does Adams, but it's not over yet.

Reactions: irunthepeg

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Was Darvin Adams the one who wasn't even on our roster in pre-season/early season but then we phoned him up when someone else got injured? Or was that another receiver?

Reactions: Guerzy

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Guess no one watched the Stamps-TiCats game this past Friday?

Calgary is perfectly beatable. Their offense lives and dies with Messam, BLM has been erratic for most of the year. Their D is scary good, though.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Calgary is perfectly beatable. Their offense lives and dies with Messam, BLM has been erratic for most of the year. Their D is scary good, though.

I don't know if it's really been Mitchell it's moreso been a horrendous crop of receivers they have, particularly with injuries that have hit. Calgary does not have much offensively beyond the much banged up Messam and Mitchell. They are far from unbeatable, but their D is pretty scary good.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
At least we're getting Wild back. Maybe he can replace Hurl at MLB. This would also be a good time to sign Muluamba....assuming they can find cap space for him.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I question the amount of effort they were putting into that game. The Ti-Cats aren't the 0-8 Ti-Cats either.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Looks like Adams is out for the regular season as well :(
Hopefully he returns for playoffs, but this has been a bad injury week
At least Dressler seems to be returning
Dressler /= Adams. Dressler is easily replaceable, Adams is not.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
All right folks 3 o'clock start in the big smoke today missing some pieces but still think we are more than capable of winning Givens will be playing and Wild will rotate in, big game for Harris anticipated.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I got some big hopes for Givens. I think he will be a good one for the Bombers. He has the talent he showed in NFL and seems to have a good attitude. Doesn't replace Adams obviously, but still might be a good piece. A win would be nice as it would clinch that home game, and even leave Bombers still with a small chance at 1st place (would need Bombers to win next two, Calgary to lose next week to set up final game of year v Calgary for 1st).

EDIT: In reality I think the reason to watch the final 3 is Harris' chance at history (Bombers are 95% finishing 2nd in West). He needs 129 yards rushing and 184 receiving over final 3 games to hit 1K/1K mark, which would be the first player in CFL to accomplish that.

Last edited:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
EDIT: In reality I think the reason to watch the final 3 is Harris' chance at history (Bombers are 95% finishing 2nd in West). He needs 129 yards rushing and 184 receiving over final 3 games to hit 1K/1K mark, which would be the first player in CFL to accomplish that.

That pass he dropped would have looked really good deducted from those stats. Hope he gets another one like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad