Blocked Shots @ USA

lennywebster

Dec 14, 2005
I think our D should switch side (PowerPlay) .. we saw it with bourdon' goal .. the onetimer is faster .. the forward have less time to move. I don't know why bourdon and russel are playing on the left side on the PP. They have to move their body to make a shot .. defense have a lot of time to get in position. what do you think?

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
Well we won't play USA again in the tournament so it probably won't matter. I was personally surprised that we didn't work the puck down low more or at least try and set things up from the halfboards. I think credit has to go the US penalty killers. I have not seen any group committ to blocking shots like that in a long time. They were also strong winning battles down low.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Another reason why I don't like Hartsburg. This is an easy adjustment to make. He should have had Letang and Franson on the left side as well.

As for Franson, everybody in the tournament knows he likes to drag and shoot. He was far too predictable and could have cost us if he got picked off doing that.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The States did a Excellent job with blocking shots, blocking passing ans shooting zones. Any amount of switching or shuffling hell even adding an NHLer to our team and i think the outcome remains the same. The States played balls out today, and improved as the tournament went on, which needs to happen, unfortunately, they didn't improve enough though. The gold isn't handed out after the Round Robin, and hopefully the USA showed that to Canada, you need to work hard for your wins. Hopefully Canada came together even more so as a team, in the shootout they looked like were boning and coming together nicely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->