Confirmed with Link: BLOCKBUSTER: Phaneuf to Ottawa in 9 Player Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I'm excited for Phaneuf. Apparently, this guy is a beast in the gym and has super high standards for being a professional. That can only help these young players.

He doesn't have to be a star here, just come in and play. I believe he'll fit in perfectly.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I'm excited for Phaneuf. Apparently, this guy is a beast in the gym and has super high standards for being a professional. That can only help these young players.

He doesn't have to be a star here, just come in and play. I believe he'll fit in perfectly.

He still has that leadership quality to draw on. He'll fit, and he'll hold the high standards.

Wonder who services his Bentley!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is a solid point in that, if for some reason the Sens do need to move on, Phaneuf will bring at least the 2nd back, probably more. The contract diminishes over the next years and the CAP will continue to rise I think.

Just getting away from Greening and Cowen contracts and even Michalek's (rich for what he contributed) is amazing in one transaction.

I liked Michalek. Every team needs a guy versatile enough to plug in anywhere on the roster and eat up minutes without hurting the team or the chemistry on the lines.

Greening...his contract ends in a few months. If we were going to move him, 2 years ago would've been nice. we didn't exactly save many pennies on this one.

Cowen is the key. I'm not entirely sure how the 1/3 or 2/3 buyout thing goes with him, but either way he has significant dollars on him. Buying out a guy who will probably get another NHL gig (at a lower price obviously) doesn't look good for our team. And keeping him on the roster and around the rest of the guys when he's just a pressbox warmer....that can't be good for the chemistry of the team. Moving him is like moving a stormcloud away from the sun. The guys needed that.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I liked Michalek. Every team needs a guy versatile enough to plug in anywhere on the roster and eat up minutes without hurting the team or the chemistry on the lines.

Greening...his contract ends in a few months. If we were going to move him, 2 years ago would've been nice. we didn't exactly save many pennies on this one.

Cowen is the key. I'm not entirely sure how the 1/3 or 2/3 buyout thing goes with him, but either way he has significant dollars on him. Buying out a guy who will probably get another NHL gig (at a lower price obviously) doesn't look good for our team. And keeping him on the roster and around the rest of the guys when he's just a pressbox warmer....that can't be good for the chemistry of the team. Moving him is like moving a stormcloud away from the sun. The guys needed that.

Greening is going to make 3.2 million dollars next season. They saved some pennies.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/colin_greening

Othello*

I'm going to be forever grateful that Michalek is gone. Hopefully Phaneuf turns out ok.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Has anything leaked out or reported on record about Lindberg's inclusion in the trade?

Did Ottawa give them a few prospects to choose from?

Did Toronto specifically ask for Lindberg from the start?

Did Ottawa insist on Lindberg being the prospect in the deal?

I don't recall hearing anything other than speculation that Toronto might have liked Lindberg because one of their members of management would have been familiar with him at a junior level.

I'm just curious about the context of Lindberg's inclusion as it says a lot about where the Senators might have been on him as a prospect, or whether the Leafs think they are buying low on a guy who'll be a big time player for them. As we all recall, the Senators apparently specifically asked for Paul to be included in the Spezza trade. So I am wondering if it is a similar scenario with the Leafs asking for Lindberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad