Bleacher Report - 51 most exciting prospects playing in Minor league.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I usually like the Bleacher Report and am obviously a big fan of Jenner.

But:
[Boone Jenner] has the potential to be a top offensive threat, and, in a few years, hopefully he can help fill the void left by the departed Rick Nash.

That's beyond hopeful.

Also, I think most people project the Jacket's future top pairing as Jack Johnson and Ryan Murray, not Tim Erixon and Ryan Murray.

member 147413

This was for Rielly...

"His size will allow him to be a tough defender who dishes out punishing hits left and right."

:huh:

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
I don't think I've ever found an article on Bleacher Report where I could confidently say, "that was well written, well researched, and thoughtful". Half the time I think they're just trolling straight up

billcook

Apr 17, 2012
Grigorenko is a sizable two-way center with good offensive instincts, and his hot start may be his way of making teams who allowed him to slide down the draft board very sorry.

He fell down the draft board because of the infamous "Russian factor," but he didn't bolt for the KHL like Nail Yakupov did once the lockout became official.
:facepalm:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Never been a fan of anything they post, ever.

On Ty Rattie:
Rattie is a rugged, physical forward who plays in the dirty areas of the ice, and he has 18 points through 12 games.
He's not really all that rugged at all.

On Ryan Murray:
The future Blue Jackets defender has a ton of upside, and he should be making his NHL debut in a year or two.
Try as soon as the lockout ends.

On Ryan Murphy:
Murphy is a solid two-way defender who is also a decent puck-handler.
Try an offensive defender with elite puck skills.

On Cody Eakin:
The trade initially seemed to be one-sided, but Eakin has the potential to be a solid top-six performer who could crack the lineup in 2012-13.
Not for anyone who knew anything about Eakin.

On Mark McNeill:
If he can surpass his totals from last season, he will likely spend some time with the Rockford IceHogs before the AHL season ends.
No, I'm pretty sure he'll be there regardless of what his totals are.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Never been a fan of anything they post, ever.

On Ty Rattie: He's not really all that rugged at all.

On Ryan Murray: Try as soon as the lockout ends.

On Ryan Murphy: Try an offensive defender with elite puck skills.

On Cody Eakin: Not for anyone who knew anything about Eakin.

On Mark McNeill: No, I'm pretty sure he'll be there regardless of what his totals are.

Agreed. The author at best has the knowledge of a casual fan. Absolutely no insight and a ton of statements that simply aren't true.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
And not a single Sami Vatanen was seen that day. He's only above a PPG in his north American professional debut, and defenseman of the year twice in a row in a European pro league. Bravo bleacher, bravo.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Do people seriously not know what Bleacher Report is? It's just a fan blog. Anyone can sign up and "write" for Bleacher Report. Bleacher Report itself doesn't have an agenda here, it's just a random fan who wanted to share the opinion of these prospects he's developed from reading a couple scouting reports and maybe seeing a youtube clip or two.

Page views for ad revenue, plain and simple.
Well, considering writers there don't get paid... :facepalm:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
And not a single Sami Vatanen was seen that day. He's only above a PPG in his north American professional debut, and defenseman of the year twice in a row in a European pro league. Bravo bleacher, bravo.

Have you ever made a post that didn't say how much better Vatanen is than everyone else? A lot of people were missed in this list

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Big LOL at Oleksiak and Faksa being "exciting".

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010

yup... It's sick how underrated some players can be just because they were drafted in the 4th round.

I have a hard time thinking of many more exciting prospects than Vatanen tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad