Blake Wheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brain Hemorrhage

Jan 16, 2003
Boston, MA
sushinsky4tsar said:
Wheeler got a hat trick and an assist in the second period as Breck takes the championship over Orono, 7-2. I think he buried every scoring opportunity he got. Needs to work on his interviews though. No less than 12 "ya know"s came out of his mouth in the half-minute post-game interview.

Yes. Fans love good interviews. I can't tell how how often I wish the Isles would send Cliff Ronning to do the pre-game interviews. The guy is solid as a rock in front of a camera. A true veteran, in every way imaginable. Arron Asham on the isles is suprisingly good too. So is Jason Blake and Michael Peca and Adrian Aucoin. But pretty much everyone else on the team does the "ya knows" over and over or fails to look into the camera.

Shawn McEachern is one of the best camera personalities in the NHL, jmo. hmm may want to start a thread on NHL talk board...

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Oilers Chick said:
Sounds like it's just a verbal commitment right now. It'll REALLY be official once he signs a NLOI with UM.

Understood...but that doesn't make it any less official, considering that he isn't yet able to sign.

Besides....1 percent of college recruits verbally commit and then back out. That being said, with UMinn going after other high profiles like Kessel, Bradford and the lot, it is arguable that Wheeler could change his mind if they bring in a lot of other top notch talent, but if you ask me that just makes it all the more attractive to him.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
this is from a friend who watches a ton of MN high school hockey, "Wheeler is a showboat play for himself prep ***, you should see his celebrations after he scores in a game that was already out of hand, ridiculous!"

DR. Holiday

JNRhockeyGURU said:
this is from a friend who watches a ton of MN high school hockey, "Wheeler is a showboat play for himself prep ***, you should see his celebrations after he scores in a game that was already out of hand, ridiculous!"

Don't you worship Robbie schremp??? How can you ever comment on a player showboating or being a bad attitude?

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
About 5 years ago there were a lot of anti Paul Martin chants out there too. And look how he turned out. Besides these are 17 year old kids. If you were 17 and had talent wouldn't you be cocky? At least somewhat.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
DR. Holiday said:
Don't you worship Robbie schremp??? How can you ever comment on a player showboating or being a bad attitude?

SHUT THE HELL UP DR HOLIDAY! GOD DAMN IT!!!!!! ROBBIE IS CONFIDENT BUT HE'S A PRETTY HUMBLE KID!!!!!!!!! JUST SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY! WHATEVER, I'VE READ CRAP FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HAVE BEEN PUTTING HIM DOWN (MOST LIKELY OUT OF JELOUSY) FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS NOW! GET OVER IT DR HOLIDAY...YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT! WHAT ARE YOU BASING THIS ON? A PROSPECTS GAME WHERE HE TRIES A MOVE TO SET HIMSELF APART FROM THE REST OF THE PROSPECTS...IT'S DARING NOT SHOWBOATING! HE'S GOT ONE OF THE MORE "TEAM FIRST" ATTITUDES I'VE EVER SEEN! IF YOU'VE GOT OTHER SPECIFIC EXAMPLES..PLEASE SHARE THEM! BECAUSE AS FAR AS I'M CONSERNED YOUR JUST AN ANGRY *** WHO NEEDS TO FIND SOMEONE NEW TO PICK ON.

Dr_Chimera*

JNRhockeyGURU said:
SHUT THE HELL UP DR HOLIDAY! GOD DAMN IT!!!!!! ROBBIE IS CONFIDENT BUT HE'S A PRETTY HUMBLE KID!!!!!!!!! JUST SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY! WHATEVER, I'VE READ CRAP FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HAVE BEEN PUTTING HIM DOWN (MOST LIKELY OUT OF JELOUSY) FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS NOW! GET OVER IT DR HOLIDAY...YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT! WHAT ARE YOU BASING THIS ON? A PROSPECTS GAME WHERE HE TRIES A MOVE TO SET HIMSELF APART FROM THE REST OF THE PROSPECTS...IT'S DARING NOT SHOWBOATING! HE'S GOT ONE OF THE MORE "TEAM FIRST" ATTITUDES I'VE EVER SEEN! IF YOU'VE GOT OTHER SPECIFIC EXAMPLES..PLEASE SHARE THEM! BECAUSE AS FAR AS I'M CONSERNED YOUR JUST AN ANGRY *** WHO NEEDS TO FIND SOMEONE NEW TO PICK ON.

Ouch. Don't feed the tiger.

DR. Holiday

JNRhockeyGURU said:

So angry, so angry.
What have I said in the past about that schremp cult?

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
DR. Holiday said:
So angry, so angry.
What have I said in the past about that schremp cult?

you always make these obnoxious claims and never back them up with facts? The fact is, you can't because he's not the type of player you claim him to be!!!!! He would never do anything to show somebody up, except in the prospects game where it's not a team thing, it's an individual showcase! Can't wait till' he's popping in 40 a year in the NHL and your sitting at home all bitter watching his highlights with your jaw on the floor!

DR. Holiday

JNRhockeyGURU said:
you always make these obnoxious claims and never back them up with facts? The fact is, you can't because he's not the type of player you claim him to be!!!!! He would never do anything to show somebody up, except in the prospects game where it's not a team thing, it's an individual showcase! Can't wait till' he's popping in 40 a year in the NHL and your sitting at home all bitter watching his highlights with your jaw on the floor!

At the next family dinner ask him how many times he was busted by the team out drinking with older ice dog guys while he was under age. Also call up some of the select team coaches from the age of 14 he played for and in an honest moment maybe they'll tell you what they tell the scouts about this kid. Also ask him to try and at least pretend to play a little defense,
Now anything else take to PM because I can tell robbie and his family are upset with anyone who questions him so I'll chat with you there rather than put the whole board through your rantings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DR. Holiday

Oh and the quitting on your ohl team and then using the usadevelopement program to get what you want and then screwing them over as well. I wonder why he was left of the WJC team? It osn't lack of talent.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:

I have seen a lot bigger demonstrations after a goal than what I saw out of Wheeler. Your friend sounds like a jealous tool.

Wheeler is far and away the best player in Minnesota. He'll be fun to watch as he gets better and matures.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
PuckFan01 said:
I have seen a lot bigger demonstrations after a goal than what I saw out of Wheeler. Your friend sounds like a jealous tool.

Wheeler is far and away the best player in Minnesota. He'll be fun to watch as he gets better and matures.

Wheeler might be a late first, early second round steal, sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad