Blake Comeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

KH1

Even though Kelowna has been eliminated from the Memorial Cup, I've read and heard that Blake Comeau played quite well for them. He seems to be a safe bet for an NHL roster someday because he is a physical player who can defend a little bit, but I'm wondering if people here think that he can ever be a legitimate scorer? Could he put up 20+ goals in the NHL, or is he more of a 3rd/4th liner?

Thanks in advance.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I'm not sure I can predict what he'll be in the NHL because I havn't seen quite enough of him but from what I've seen from him in the Memorial cup he's been great, I'd say he'd be a pretty safe bet to be a 3/4 liner in the NHL anymore than that i'm not sure.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
The guy sure has some wheels from what I have seen. The way he looked on the ice and handled the puck with his speed, he reminded me alot of a Sean Donovan type player.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I'd predict more of a 3rd/4th liner. I don't know if his hockey sense is all that great, for all that his physical tools give him some points/chances in junior. The Donovan comparison is pretty apt, except that Comeau seems to have a switch to him that turns on a bit more of an abrasive/rambunctious mode too.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I really liked what I saw from this guy. I think he could turn out to be a very good 3rd liner that can hit and maybe score 15 goals a season.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I don't see more than a third liner either. His grit and defensive play are perfectly fit for that role and his limited offensive insticts and average at best hands will keep him there.

espo*

He looks good on kelowna's team but they are a team without much scoring talent.Big guys who can skate and play nasty "d" but not much offensive elan.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I thought his defensive efforts and knowledge in the defensive zone seemed to be lacking, but everything was else was great. Good puck skills, great acceleration, good shot, goes to the net hard and really bangs guys around on the forecheck. Simply put he was a dominating offensive force at times during this tournament and seemed to be able to create scoring chances at will. Many beakdowns in his own zone though.

I really like his upside and wouldn't write him off as merely a checking line prospect.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
I think he is one of those players that isn't good enough for the second line, but too good for the third line. If he plays on a winning team he will be a third line role player. But if he is on a non-contender he will get 2nd line playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad