Blake Comeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo_60

Sep 18, 2004
I see he's doing pretty well in the playoffs, I'm just wondering what type of player he will be in the NHL. I know when he was drafter as a 2nd rounder it surprised a lot of people. Is he going to be a 3rd/4th line grinder Darren McCarty style or more of a defensive forward? Is it logical to think he can finish in the top 15 scorers next season or not?

thanks

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
I see him has the typical 4th line grinder. Don't know if he will drope the gloves by times, but he will be an important yet underrated player on any 3rd or 4th line team.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He has grit and finishes his checks, but he's not a mean player and isn't a Darren McCarty by any stretch of the imagination.

He's very inconsistent offensively. He shows flashes of very impressive power/skill play - he's been on fire in the series vs. Kootenay, and scored a couple highlight-reel goals - but at other times seems ineffective and lacking in natural hockey sense. Good skater, hard shot.

Strong defensive player, probably projects as a 3rd line guy in the NHL but could be more if he puts his game together consistently.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
MS said:
He has grit and finishes his checks, but he's not a mean player and isn't a Darren McCarty by any stretch of the imagination.

He's very inconsistent offensively. He shows flashes of very impressive power/skill play - he's been on fire in the series vs. Kootenay, and scored a couple highlight-reel goals - but at other times seems ineffective and lacking in natural hockey sense. Good skater, hard shot.

Strong defensive player, probably projects as a 3rd line guy in the NHL but could be more if he puts his game together consistently.

Agree 100%, again.

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
Comeau has yet to really stand out in my mind...I see alot of the Rockets and all the other Western conference WHL teams, I'm more impressed night in and night out by guys like Da Silva with Portland, or Jonasen with TC. Comeau seems to me like he just isn't in the building sometimes...that's not something I look for in prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad