Blair Mackasey video clip RE: NHL in Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddy TLC*

Crows said:
IN that jets audio montage.. what are the jets fans chanting in the one clip

"we want.. something" i can't figure it out.
free tickets?

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Crows said:
IN that jets audio montage.. what are the jets fans chanting in the one clip

"we want.. something" i can't figure it out.

"Primeau sucks !"

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Sotnos said:
Again, "deserve" and "appreciate" and (my personal favorite) "fair" have nothing to do with it. This is a business we're talking about here, period.

DUH! I'm not arguing against that at all. I'm just stating that it is unfair Winnipeg doesn't have an NHL team. However, I do find it unusual that a fan like yourself doesn't seem to empathize with myself and others (based only from what ive read). for reasons that i won't bother to speculate, you seem pretty disconnected from the majority of hard-core NHL fans as it pertains to this topic. although its easy to rationalize the NHL has no place in winnipeg because it is a business, it doesn't mean that it should be acceptable!

maybe canadian doctors ought to rationalize their service purely as business as well. they should use their canadian-based education to make a better living in the USA at a time when my country is suffering from a shortage of docs. who cares what's fair for canadians. forget about being a doc who likes to help people. their priority should be focused on making money!!!! LOTS OF MONEY!

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
jericholic19 said:
DUH! I'm not arguing against that at all. I'm just stating that it is unfair Winnipeg doesn't have an NHL team. However, I do find it unusual that a fan like yourself doesn't seem to empathize with myself and others (based only from what ive read). for reasons that i won't bother to speculate, you seem pretty disconnected from the majority of hard-core NHL fans as it pertains to this topic. although its easy to rationalize the NHL has no place in winnipeg because it is a business, it doesn't mean that it should be acceptable!

Unfair? Grow up. Winnipeg doesn't have the economic base for aan NHL team and it is a terrible road draw in the US.
jericholic19 said:
maybe canadian doctors ought to rationalize their service purely as business as well. they should use their canadian-based education to make a better living in the USA at a time when my country is suffering from a shortage of docs. who cares what's fair for canadians. forget about being a doc who likes to help people. their priority should be focused on making money!!!! LOTS OF MONEY!

That's a laugh. Canada is full of skilled and educated people educated in 3rd world countries. I don't hear any Canadians saying that they are are nasty mercenaries who abandined their country. Canada benefits hugely from people educated elsewhere.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
arnie said:
Unfair? Grow up. Winnipeg doesn't have the economic base for aan NHL team and it is a terrible road draw in the US.

So what if Winnipeg would be a poor draw in the US. Are Carolina, Ducks or Florida big drawers? I doubt it.

All that matters is whether they can be viable in their own building. I doubt that too.

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
15 000

I've never understood how somebody could make a case for the NHL in Winnipeg when they only built the MTS Center with 15 000 seats. Even if they sold out every game they would still be in the bottom third of the league attendance had they played in the NHL last season.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2004

If they truely were an NHL market they would have built their rink at something close to NHL capacity.

I'd like to see an NHL team in Winnipeg simply because it is a Canadian city, but not if it is going to be a constant economic struggle who would make the rest of the Canadian NHL teams look bad by association. Sure there are some passionate fans in Winnipeg as there are in Halifax or Saskatchewan. However even 20 years ago those weren't NHL markets.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
ColinM said:
I've never understood how somebody could make a case for the NHL in Winnipeg when they only built the MTS Center with 15 000 seats. Even if they sold out every game they would still be in the bottom third of the league attendance had they played in the NHL last season.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2004

If they truely were an NHL market they would have built their rink at something close to NHL capacity.

I'd like to see an NHL team in Winnipeg simply because it is a Canadian city, but not if it is going to be a constant economic struggle who would make the rest of the Canadian NHL teams look bad by association. Sure there are some passionate fans in Winnipeg as there are in Halifax or Saskatchewan. However even 20 years ago those weren't NHL markets.

are Carolina, Phoenix, Miami, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and Anaheim NHL markets without winning teams ?

remember, winnipeg only had 5 seasons of .500 or better hockey, yet the fans always supported the team in a building with only 13,000 seats with a full view of the ice.

as to how a 15,000 seat arena makes a good business model for the NHL, it's merely supply and demand. it's better to have an arena with 2,000 too few seats, then an arena with 2,000 too many, according to Calgary Flames President Ken King.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/WinnipegSun/Sports/2005/01/23/907406-sun.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->